• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Barnet boss Darren Currie

It’s probably because they’ve received a few bets on him today (I whacked a tenner on it myself), and now they need to recalculate the odds.

From my experience, if they’ve got wind of a decision being made, they’ll suspend the entire market not just a singular option.

I’ve never understood that thinking.
If I were a bookmaker and were ‘certain’ of a winner , I’d be happy to take bets on any other candidate people wanted to bet on !

I’ve never understood that thinking.
If I were a bookmaker and were ‘certain’ of a winner , I’d be happy to take bets on any other candidate people wanted to bet on !
Not a lot of integrity in that... plus they would be taking so much more - and would lose so much more - on the "certain" winner.

Anyone seen this? On the one hand Barnet haven't got a pot to **** in, on the other, they have £50m lying around to chuck at a new stadium.

Seems odd how they aren't throwing everything at retaining Curry and last season's squad. or maybe they are and that's why this is taking so long?

Anyone seen this? On the one hand Barnet haven't got a pot to **** in, on the other, they have £50m lying around to chuck at a new stadium.

Seems odd how they aren't throwing everything at retaining Curry and last season's squad. or maybe they are and that's why this is taking so long?

But Barnet don't own it, it's not their £50m.

According to that article, the £50m is coming from the same bloke who owns the football club and is currently in negotiations with Currie, no?

Yep, but he can easily send his mate off to couples of bookies ?

lol do you know how it works?
Some stranger asks for a miserable 50 quid, they phone up and the traders say he can have a tenner at the price.....they then cut the price by 3/4 and job done....no more strangers get on and they have had there card marked for a tenner......they are scum.....in order of scuminess Paddy Power first, Skybet 2nd ( now owned by P.P, ) William Hill 3rd.....betting game is finished unless you like the moronic fobt machines!

The football team is a separate accounting body within, horrid analogy but it's like the relationship between a shopping centre and the individual shop within. If and when the club climbed the leagues then I'm sure the investment model would change but arguably they are operating within their income model.

I love the way the CGI makes out the stadium is surrounded by grass. It isn't, it's surrounded by car parks.

I love the way the CGI makes out the stadium is surrounded by grass. It isn't, it's surrounded by car parks.
Three quarters of the surrounding area is football pitches, it's where I've been to watch the youngsters play. I'd imagine they'd just put one more pitch to the left then the imagery is correct.

Three quarters of the surrounding area is football pitches, it's where I've been to watch the youngsters play. I'd imagine they'd just put one more pitch to the left then the imagery is correct.

My son plays there every season. There's a huge car park and artificial pitch right where they've added a nice green area.

lol do you know how it works?
Some stranger asks for a miserable 50 quid, they phone up and the traders say he can have a tenner at the price.....they then cut the price by 3/4 and job done....no more strangers get on and they have had there card marked for a tenner......they are scum.....in order of scuminess Paddy Power first, Skybet 2nd ( now owned by P.P, ) William Hill 3rd.....betting game is finished unless you like the moronic fobt machines!

Online exchanges Wiggy ? Do they not work for you ?

Online exchanges Wiggy ? Do they not work for you ?

Yeah they are all that is left if you've got more than one brain cell however i would imagine the back and lay interest on next Southend manager wouldn't cover the cost of a home ticket against Barrow!

An announcement tomorrow would be amazing with the players returning to training on Monday.

I can dream!

Back