• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We should try and loan Jed Wallace

Here,here! Would be a great signing, very Dangerous player at Pompey. Now out of favour at Wolves. I certainly think it could be possible. But we have David Worrall, Kevan Hurst, Myles weston and Stephen McLaughlin (who I really want to see get some game time)

So how would we get cater for Wallace? Maybe get rid of Hurst..and maybe Weston? Hmm, I would be in favour of this but cannot see it happening.

Good player but wages would be a great problem.

Maybe so. But that is why I suggested that we get rid of Hurst and maybe Weston.

Also, with loans, most of the time you don't have to pay the players full wage. Wolves would most probably only require 30% to 70% of his wage. (But this isn't always the case, but is most common)

He also tweeted... @CJPhillips1982: Brown still keen to sign a creative midfielder and another striker, as well as Barnett.

Interesting. Considering Payne is quite heavily involved now and playing pretty well. And with Wordsworth still to come back from injury.

But then again, It would be probably be a short term loan till Wordsworth gets back.

Personally think that if both Worrall and McLaughlin played in a 4-4-2 then someone like Barnett would certainly get goals in this team.

He also tweeted... @CJPhillips1982: Brown still keen to sign a creative midfielder and another striker, as well as Barnett.

Interesting. Considering Payne is quite heavily involved now and playing pretty well. And with Wordsworth still to come back from injury.

But then again, It would be probably be a short term loan till Wordsworth gets back.
Also as he turned down the opportunity to sign Garvan in the summer. A realisation he should have signed him, or Garvan not good enough?

Barnett training with Blues as loan deal edges closer

TYRONE Barnett is training with Southend United this morning as he edges closer to sealing a loan switch to the Shrimpers.

More...

Also as he turned down the opportunity to sign Garvan in the summer. A realisation he should have signed him, or Garvan not good enough?

I think Garvan is a top player and would have improved our midfield options for sure. Brown has faith in the midfield that got us promoted and credit to him for that, has worked so far. I still think a player like Garvan would have improved our side...

Welcome to Southend and Boots and Laces Tyrone. Anyone know what odds you can get from the bookies on a rainy first day injury at training? Just asking like.

I wouldn't call Payne that creative, most of his game revolves around his running with the ball, I guess we are looking for a CM who can spot a decent pass or bring others into the game

I wouldn't call Payne that creative, most of his game revolves around his running with the ball, I guess we are looking for a CM who can spot a decent pass or bring others into the game

"Remember me?"

timlin4x3westham0152-319356_478x359.jpg

The senior squad have not been using the pitches at Boots and Laces at the moment. Too rain drenched.

Yeah, I finally worked that out with the photos on another thread. Ironically, I drove past Eastwoodbury and thought who are those idiots in the day-glows in the pouring rain.

Back