• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Barney Gone to Leeds !!!

The Barney story in the Sun and some other papers comes from a reputable news agency called Wardles.

Doesn't mean it's definitely right, but the source will be somebody at Leeds so I'd say it's more than likely true.

£150,0000 please no . I know we are hard up , he is soon out of contract, will leave on a free etc etc but he is also our trump card in staying up

"We have made it quite obvious we are trying to move forward quickly and we are attracted by any player that is up for sale if they are within our in our realm,”

Interesting quote above from Pardew - looks like his name was being circulated by us - despite RM saying he was looking to offer a better deal - presume RM knew the deal was not that fantastic and was not confident that he would sign.

God it just gets worse.........

Well hopefully he won't sign for anyone else this week, and then bangs in 4 or 5 verses Wycombe to really start a bidding war

Well hopefully he won't sign for anyone else this week, and then bangs in 4 or 5 verses Wycombe to really start a bidding war

I like it , I like it

I also like him playing crap on Sat, goes off with what looks like a terrible injury, but no one bids and he is fine for next week

Indeed.

If that's the sort of money he is going to command now. We may aswell hold onto him and let him go in the Summer for nothing.

Smiffy, I make you 100% right there. He is worth quite a bit more than £150,000. If we sell him fo rthat now, we may well stand to lose a lot more if we get relegated.

If this is true, I hope that Tilly has secretly got someone of the same goal scoring prowess lined up to replace him.

I expect confirmation of this later today. Just hope Tilly gets given the money to get a replacement although not confident as we never seem to replace our good players that leave - Clarkey, Bailey, Gower.

Long-time reader, first time poster.

150k is obviously below his potential worth to the club if he keeps firing the goals to keep us up, but you can't blame Saints for opening the bidding around that level. We're distressed sellers and everyone knows that. Coupled with the fact that he's out of contract at the end of the season, a potential suitor would be barmy to start any higher.

Either Saints or Leeds would be a good more for him financially and, whilst I'm dubious that he'd cut it in the Championship if he indeed ends up there, his workrate and commitment will give him a chance.

All we can hope is the supposed competition for his signature pushes the price up.

Not like Tilly's going to get to spend any of it though...

Long-time reader, first time poster.

150k is obviously below his potential worth to the club if he keeps firing the goals to keep us up, but you can't blame Saints for opening the bidding around that level. We're distressed sellers and everyone knows that. Coupled with the fact that he's out of contract at the end of the season, a potential suitor would be barmy to start any higher.

Either Saints or Leeds would be a good more for him financially and, whilst I'm dubious that he'd cut it in the Championship if he indeed ends up there, his workrate and commitment will give him a chance.

All we can hope is the supposed competition for his signature pushes the price up.

Not like Tilly's going to get to spend any of it though...

Welcome and good 1st post.

Like the way your username is a total fantasy.

Let me guess.

CLUB STATEMENT
Southend United FC last night accepted an undisclosed bid from Leeds United for striker Lee Barnard. Due to the player being out of contract in the Summer the club have decided to sell rather than risk Lee leaving on a free transfer.

We wish Lee all the best for the future and thank him for his efforts.

We will shortly be announcing the £68.5 million transfer of Fernando Torres.

Lee was on facebook yesterday - I couldn't hack his IP address etc to help find his location. He is very much a Billericay Boy and Girlfriend and him have flat in Billericay. He would go from what I would say is performing above expectation in terms of we couldn't have expected a significant goalscoring record having signed from spurs stiffs. For the first time he would be playing under massive expectation should he go to Leeds to replace Beckford. If he plays alongside Lambert at Southampton I think it would help him to settle in with a fantastic goalscorer alongside him. With transfer rumours left, right and centre who knows what is true and what is not. Not me!

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him. The first i had heard of this was WACCOE this morning. Larry did say last night he expects a few to sign shortly and we do all our transfers on the quiet. This could be true

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him. The first i had heard of this was WACCOE this morning. Larry did say last night he expects a few to sign shortly and we do all our transfers on the quiet. This could be true

How much would you reckon you'd go to Gareth ?? .. if Saints came in with £150k then i'm sure Leeds could top that and it may start a bidding war as i alluded to earlier .. i'd be surprised if we got much more than £200k>£250k with the contract situation and all

BBC Essex claiming SUFC say that the deal is codswallop.

What a word.

Last edited:
From someone on Leeds' forum WACCOE:

We HAVEN'T signed Lee Barnard....i have it on very good authority that Southend told us no this morning. Shame really...if he was scoring that many for Southend imagine what he'd do in a team that creates so many chances. thumbsdown.gif

How much would you reckon you'd go to Gareth ?? .. if Saints came in with £150k then i'm sure Leeds could top that and it may start a bidding war as i alluded to earlier .. i'd be surprised if we got much more than £200k>£250k with the contract situation and all

Very little mate, Ken likes doing things on the cheap. We have other targets were after including Gradel. I can't imagine him spending 250k onwards for someone who's contract ends in the summer.

There haven't been any leaks of this story on any of the Leeds sites, just one bloke who says that Southend have said no. I can see this being a none mover.

Back