• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Barretts injury worse than thought?

palexander

Life President
Looks like he is "out for a week or so" according to Tilly. More than taking him off for 'precaution' then.

Pity anyone going to Dagenham Saturday...

A bit of 'cognitive re-framing' here...could be a blessing in disguise and put a firework where it's needed to get us a CB sooner rather than later...

Raynes & Stepanov in dodgy signing photos tomorro and I'll be a very happy man.

Meanwhile wrap Barrett in cotton wool!

pboreham said:
No, i'd hope he's been trying for MONTHS since we knew Clarke was going to leave...
And I would imagine he has, which makes people telling to pull his finger out of his arse rather stupid

And I would imagine he has, which makes people telling to pull his finger out of his arse rather stupid

He might have been doing his best to get a centre back in but he has failed woefully so far. I understand its not easy and I suspect that Ron Martin has put financial constraints in place but end of the day its his role to fill gaps and he hasnt done it

We are now left with no fit centre backs, no left back with any experience and thats not even looking at other areas that need filling.

What sort of defence are we going to cobble together vs Huddersfield. The defenders wont know each other and they wont have any relationship. I think of myself as a reasonably sensible poster but this is enough to test the patience of even the biggest Ron/Tilly fan.

Looks like he is "out for a week or so" according to Tilly. More than taking him off for 'precaution' then.

Pity anyone going to Dagenham Saturday...

Joyous news - perhaps we will sign 2 centre halves in his absence that will make the position their own. If anyone seriously believes we have ambitions beyond survival with AB at CH they have very short memories or rose tinted spectacles.

I said Maher was fantastic when the majority of this board doubted me. I said Eastwood was cack and I have been proved right. He is not, and never was, 2nd tier material. The majority of this board seems to think that brave old blue blooded AB is the beez knees. Wake up and smell the coffee

Hope we go back in for Raynes, but he played for Stockport the other day, so probably back in favour there.

I think Raynes has been in favour their the whole time, remember he was captain last season.

I think it was a case of selling people to bring in the money, as opposed to him being "out of favour".

I'm still confident we will bring in a centre half, and I'm hoping tomorrow is the day. Any idea when Stepanov will be fit? Could he be the centre half we need.

Wheres leeblue with his we will sign one defender this week, possibly two? I'm praying his still right.

Joyous news - perhaps we will sign 2 centre halves in his absence that will make the position their own. If anyone seriously believes we have ambitions beyond survival with AB at CH they have very short memories or rose tinted spectacles.

I said Maher was fantastic when the majority of this board doubted me. I said Eastwood was cack and I have been proved right. He is not, and never was, 2nd tier material. The majority of this board seems to think that brave old blue blooded AB is the beez knees. Wake up and smell the coffee

I never agreed with your stance on Freddy, but I do with your Barrett one. Agreeing with ORM, does that make me a bad person? :unsure: :D

got a couple of promotions with barrett at centre back tho didnt we?

got a couple of promotions with barrett at centre back tho didnt we?

Yea, few years back now - he isnt as quick as he used to be though! Watch back old videos of those promotion years and see how many times he desperately clung to an attacker at corners as he isnt fleet footed enough to go with his man now.

Even on Wednesday, he was holding onto Delany's captains armband at one corner...

Back