• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Barrow AFC v Southend United, Saturday 1st May, 15.00

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 61 69.3%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 62 70.5%
  • John White

Votes: 48 54.5%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 44 50.0%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 51 58.0%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 45 51.1%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 41 46.6%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 54 61.4%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Erin Kinali

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 6 6.8%

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Win

Votes: 39 44.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Lose

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is how I see our weekend going....

Scunthorpe to take an early lead to dampen the mood straight away.

Southend and barrow become one of those end-of-season boring games.

Scunthorpe to add another 2 goals.

Southend continues to waste chances, leaving us to reflect on where our season went wrong.

Barrow score late on.

And then as a post-credit surprise, Grimsby and Colchester Win just for bants.

My prediction: we win 2-0 at Barrow, Scunthorpe lose 0-3 at Bradford. Then we go 2-0 up at home to Newport, while Scunny go 0-2 down at home to Stevenage.

We're all on the edge of our seats waiting for both final whistles ready to celebrate the greatest of great escapes. Scunthorpe lose 0-2. Then in the 9th minute of injury time, we concede. win 2-1, goal difference with Scunthorpe level. They stay up on goals scored.

Its a recurring nightmare I'm having..

Although to be fair Bradford v Scunthorpe has got 0-0 written all over it given both of them have lost their last 5 games.

we will get beat in both games end of...…..just forget it and look forward to Daggrs away and Alder**** and Kings lynn Wealdstone warrior and his friends all good stuff for next season

Halifax,Woking,Dover, I can't wait

it is what it is
Arsenal's 2-0 victory over Liverpool at Anfield on the final day of the 1988-89 season remains the most celebrated game in English football history. Michael Thomas's 91st-minute goal will never be topped for drama. The set-up was one in a million, the execution perfectly timed.

Arsenal's 2-0 victory over Liverpool at Anfield on the final day of the 1988-89 season remains the most celebrated game in English football history. Michael Thomas's 91st-minute goal will never be topped for drama. The set-up was one in a million, the execution perfectly timed.

Same as Joe Pigott's 123 minute equalizer against Wycombe at Wembley

just can't see us creating a major incident ………..turn off the lights Ron and lets have a break and come back for a fresh start next season

Thought about what players I wanted playing and picked a system to fit the personnel:

Oxley
Bwomono, White, Cordner, Hart
Olayinka, Ferguson, Holmes
Egbri, Rush, Walsh

Harsh on Taylor, but would rather have Olayinka’s creativity and goal threat, with Holmes’ experience and ability to buy free kicks. But if Ricky is injured for this one, I’d bring Taylor straight in. I’d have Ferguson sitting back in the 3 man midfield and Olay/Holmes taking turns to venture forward.

And I can’t ignore that superb bit of play from Walsh against Orient where he picked up the short corner, beat his man and fired one across the face of goal which we should’ve scored. We’ve not seen that sort of wing play all season and he deserves his chances.

Luckily for Arsenal, Bruce was taking bungs back then and he dived out of the way in the 91st minute. Just like the Poland keeper did for Lineker in 1986.

I like to point this out to any Arsenal fan who mentions it. Especially the two lads I know who were there that night.

Thought about what players I wanted playing and picked a system to fit the personnel:

Oxley
Bwomono, White, Cordner, Hart
Olayinka, Ferguson, Holmes
Egbri, Rush, Walsh

Harsh on Taylor, but would rather have Olayinka’s creativity and goal threat, with Holmes’ experience and ability to buy free kicks. But if Ricky is injured for this one, I’d bring Taylor straight in. I’d have Ferguson sitting back in the 3 man midfield and Olay/Holmes taking turns to venture forward.

And I can’t ignore that superb bit of play from Walsh against Orient where he picked up the short corner, beat his man and fired one across the face of goal which we should’ve scored. We’ve not seen that sort of wing play all season and he deserves his chances.
Cant have that line up, nothing will stick up front, meaning we will be under pressure.

Egbri and Rush combined height is about 7 foot.

Nice stand, but where's the rest of the ground? A two sided stadium....?

Bit worried about the Furness massive though, not sure those bluds would survive long in the hood, bro....
3 sided at present with a fanzone and changing rooms on the 4th side

Given Brown's pre-match comments about the physicality of Barrow at Forest Green I can see him playing Halford and possibly Acquah and/or Akinola up front. Possibly not the game for Hackett-Fairchild, Olayinka or Walsh, although the Yorkshire Terrier-like Egbri might fit the bill!

Cant have that line up, nothing will stick up front, meaning we will be under pressure.

Egbri and Rush combined height is about 7 foot.
Maybe Rushy could stand on Terrell's shoulders at corners to give us some much needed height in the box! Is there a law against that?

Given Brown's pre-match comments about the physicality of Barrow at Forest Green I can see him playing Halford and possibly Acquah and/or Akinola up front. Possibly not the game for Hackett-Fairchild, Olayinka or Walsh, although the Yorkshire Terrier-like Egbri might fit the bill!
Halford & Acquah? Cor its gonna be a goal feast.

Tomorrow's game is going to go one of 2 ways;-
either our players are on the beach and you win easy
or our players buoyed by safety and the unveiling of the Kelly's Heroes flag, with play without fear and it will be a game of attack against defence with a hatfull of goals scored... KellysHeroes.jpeg

Back