• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barry Fry

Monkey

Did anyone else see him over there and does anyone know why he was there?

Hope he wasn't looking at Connie aswell!

Cheers Stu

already been covered....

so was paul allen, neil ruddock, etc etc

scouting mission looking at connie!

no we can't be certain...

They all had nothing else to do, so thought they'd have a trip to the seaside and watch a blinding game.  
unclesam.gif

I heard in the Shrimpers and in the Ground that barry Fry was there to watch King Kev!!

Not good if he was because Maher has been exceptional lately, and again last night!!

We will miss him if he goes!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Army @ April 21 2004,22:31)]I heard in the Shrimpers and in the Ground that barry Fry was there to watch King Kev!!

Not good if he was because Maher has been exceptional lately, and again last night!!

We will miss him if he goes!!
Yeah that's what I heard as well.  Hope Kev doesn't go as he is an inspirational player, he's been class lately and is missed when not in the squad as he really makes a difference.  If the rumour is true though, then that great performance from him last night is going to impress him even more!

Maher didn't leave us for Orient when he was offered a considerable amount more. I cannot really see it this time either.

Maher may get a lot of criticism, but he has stayed loyal to us throughout the interest and contract offers to him.

He deserves that testimonial if he reaches that major double figure serving the Blues!

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ April 21 2004,22:45)]Maher didn't leave us for Orient when he was offered a considerable amount more. I cannot really see it this time either.

Maher may get a lot of criticism, but he has stayed loyal to us throughout the interest and contract offers to him.

He deserves that testimonial if he reaches that major double figure serving the Blues!

Einstein
Well said re Maher's loyalty. I think some of us forget about this from time to time

Why would King Kev want to go to a tin-pot club like Peterborough anyway!

They are no better than us and are only just clear of the relegation scr*p.

If a better team came in maybe, but to join a club with a nickname like a pouting wannabe songstress - Give me a break!
biggrin.gif

Fry was there on a general scouting mission- he could have been looking at anyone. Chesterfield manager was there as well, and others already mentioned.

What was surreal was chatting to Colin Murphy's son afterwards in the Spread...

I think there was so many scouts at the Hall on Tuesday night, because there wasn't too many games on that evening, and managers will always look at other teams in the hope of finding a gem.

The obvious candidates he was looking at are Constantine and Maher, but with Fat Boy Fry - who knows?

if that fat c**t nicked him Constantine i would personally go up too Peterbrough and rip his head right off.

He has f**ked this club up enough by taking our best players.

I have it on good authority (from a source that is 100% reliable) that Ray 'Clemmy' Clemence, Razor 'razor' Ruddock, Barry Fry 'Up', Gary 'Grange' Hill, Peter 'Spudz' Taylor, Paul 'Who?' Allen, Nicky 'I fought the' Law and Colin 'cr*p' Murphy's son were actually there to watch Keith Dublin.

Most of the manager was there as they will see which team they be playing next season ..... Hull in the 2nd Div or Southend in the 3rd Div ... some of these club would be a step down for our players as they are not good at playing football than us & they won't play for better manager than Tilson.

Its be nice that Mahar testimonial (if he stay for 3 more season) will be at Fossetts Farms in front of full 16,000 fans Vs Spurs (his old club) - I only dream.

I have on very good authority that the major interest in the game was the Hull City goalkeeper. Clemence was there looking at him for the England U21 set-up (he is qualified to play for England). Other celebrities were there looking for a good match as there was nothing else going on!!
biggrin.gif

Back