• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Basement Division

DTS

The Business
Getting a bit more used to playing the likes of Forest, Bradford and Bristol City now are we ?

What if anything do you miss about being in the bottom flight.

Not much for me but I do miss those crappy away trips when you could almost outnumber the home fans such as Cheltenham, Macc, York etc etc......Good times.....

DtS

the food at Kiddie

sad.gif

the atmosphere, since we have gone up, we have lost the atmosphere at roots hall, its still there just not has good has it use to be

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bluebelle @ Dec. 02 2005,13:22)]the atmosphere, since we have gone up, we have lost the atmosphere at roots hall, its still there just not has good has it use to be
Agreed, but I think we'll see it pick up on Tuesday night big style.

I miss sitting and sulking with 3,000 other miserable sods, occasionally standing up to hurl a barrage of frustrated abuse at a hassled linesman, but really just hating myself and everything I stand for.

I also miss our games with Leyton Orient. They made me laugh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Dec. 02 2005,14:13)]Not much for me but I do miss those crappy away trips when you could almost outnumber the home fans...
We have Col Ewe away for that!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 02 2005,13:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Dec. 02 2005,14:13)]Not much for me but I do miss those crappy away trips when you could almost outnumber the home fans...
We have Col Ewe away for that!

tounge.gif
true  
laugh.gif

I miss everything really. I hate League 1, give me league 2 any day. Wouldnt mind seeing us in the conference either. Would love to play Canvey in the League...
rock.gif
sad.gif

I miss the days when we were crap and there was none of this buying tickets in advance malarkey. You could just turn up at 2:58 and then sit pretty much wherever you wanted to witness a 2-1 defeat to Rochdale along with two and a half thousand others.

Good times.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bluebelle @ Dec. 02 2005,13:41)]u feeling ok sotw, talking to girl like me getting to ya
wink.gif
Maybe. Just a little bit...
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Dec. 02 2005,13:31)]I also miss our games with Leyton Orient. They made me laugh.
I don't miss them games at all, they always f%&king beat us, especially at Roots Hall

If we'd have beaten them last year at home we could have gone up automatically

f%&king Orient
mad.gif
mad.gif

Much prefer Col Ewe, we tend to beat them
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mansfield are playing Grays tonight. I thought 'oh, Mansfield are in our league' then remembered we had gone up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Dec. 02 2005,13:45)]I miss the days when we were crap and there was none of this buying tickets in advance malarkey. You could just turn up at 2:58 and then sit pretty much wherever you wanted to witness a 2-1 defeat to Rochdale along with two and a half thousand others.

Good times.
Spot on. Tilson out!

tounge.gif

The prospect of being some little just-come-up-from-non-league team's first league opponent, then getting stuffed out of sight by a bunch of seasoned professionals out to prove a point.

But then I also miss what is now the Championship for not being able to give ex-Premier$hite w%&kers a damn good whipping and showing them what real football is like.

Apart from that, I miss absolutely nothing about League 2. All the crap about low crowds and not having to queue will happen in League 1 if we are not constantly in the mix for a play-off spot.

Oh, there is one other thing I don't miss- changing manager every 9 months!

The food's a lot better in League Two (and cheaper)

Cheaper tickets.

Generally less hassle, park outside the away end at 2:50 etc.

No daytrippers
laugh.gif

There was more camaraderie with the fans of other league 2 teams because we were all in the same boat - a crap team in a crap league. Now we have to deal with the likes of Bradford, Forest, Tranmere, Bristol City fans etc, who are so far up their own ar$es that they believe they have a divine right to win because they're a 'big club' and used to play in the Championship / Division 1....
tounge.gif

Back