• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the beers - 2nd round, Heat 3

Which beer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be Corona, nice to relax with by the canal after a hard day.

The taste of Guiness reminds me of playing for my rather crap Sunday League team, the kind of sick feeling I get when three strikers are behind our defence for the fifth time in the first half hour........

I have to say I agree with Kay on this, once a vote is cast it should remain fixed.

fine... i asked once, politely. it was other people in the thread to mentioned it again and it was your fellow mods and co-owners who changed it

it's uxbridges' competition and so i'm with him.

:p

Corona every time. You can stick your bowel eating black stuff up ya poop pipe as far as I'm concerned.
I have 16 bottles of the lovely cold Corona tipple in my fridge, four of which I fully intend on making the most of when I get home.

fine... i asked once, politely. it was other people in the thread to mentioned it again and it was your fellow mods and co-owners who changed it

it's uxbridges' competition and so i'm with him.

:p

What he said :p

:hijack:

Right, back on topic... surely, surely, it has to be Guinness? Corona is bland and inoffensive, but it doesn't make it a real beer like a pint of the black stuff?

Corona's OK on a hot day like today, but since we get 4 of those a year, you'll look at a bottle of Corona when standing next to a roaring fire on a cold winter's day, and you'll be feeling rather foolish that you ditched the pint of pure genius.

Matt

I shall be watching out for this favouritism thing sir, don't think I haven't noticed when you give people green rep for saying things to me which provoke a response!

No, really? I am surprised!

Ok, no more changing of votes from now on. Alea Jacta Est.

Good bit of latin there. And I'm stunned to see that Landlord lost out to the Finger. I may not always agree with YB about football matters (although I often do); however, I've always considered his opinions on ale and cricket to be unimpeachable - and he was spot on about Landlord.

Can't believe it lost out to the Finger. Hey ho - it merely opens up the path for the Deuchars, if it can get through it's tough second round match against Tribute.

:)

Look at the average ages of the votes though. On the Guiness side, you've got Bob Cratchitt, Flinty, at al, who are not a day under 75.

On the Corona side, there are plenty of fine young men and ladies, like myself, Einstein, (ok, he's not fine, but he is young) and Southend Lady

It's definitely a generation thing

Look at the average ages of the votes though. On the Guiness side, you've got Bob Cratchitt, Flinty, at al, who are not a day under 75.

On the Corona side, there are plenty of fine young men and ladies, like myself, Einstein, (ok, he's not fine, but he is young) and Southend Lady

It's definitely a generation thing

not entirely so, i'm only 29 and voted for Guinness as a) I like it and b) lager is horrible

No, really? I am surprised!

Good job!

rasp1.gif

And I'm considerably under 75!

All those lagers like Sol, Corona, Brahma, etc are fine when drunk sporadically, but its basically for when you ACTUALLY need a glass of water (with optional lime wedge) and are too scared to ask for fear of looking like a girl. Guinness however puts hair on your chest. And according to Eva Herzigova, the Wonderbra girl from the 90's, bigger boobs in your underwear. That was her secret anyway as a flat-chested aspiring model...

But what do I know. I'm still smarting from Landlord going out...

I said generally. Granted, the average age of the Corona fan is older than Guiness as I've just noticed how Cricko voted.................

Gone for Corona, its not amazing but its better than Guiness which always makes me sick when i drink it and also there are to many old man drinks left in the competition.

Outrageous. Can we stop people who have only just started drinking from voting. Otherwise next round it'll be Mad Dogs versus Thunderbirds.

Corona every - single - time. Might as well just be tasting a shard of iron if you drink Guiness

Outrageous. Can we stop people who have only just started drinking from voting. Otherwise next round it'll be Mad Dogs versus Thunderbirds.

I'm with Naps here. This is just getting silly now.

I honestly thought we were going to have an Adnams Explorer vs Früli style landsllide, but it looks as if Corona is actually going to win. Unbelievable :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back