• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the beers - quarter-final draw

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Ok, here goes. A few more lagers got through than we might have thought, but that makes for a pretty balanced line-up:

Hobgoblin (Brettie Angell) vs Red Stripe (stevie g g g)

Deuchars IPA (Uxbridge Shrimper) vs London Pride (Hutton)

Corona (Shrimper Loz) vs Kronenbourg (The Big Shrimp)

Bishops Finger (OldBlueLady) vs Stella Artois (Barrettisalegend)

My two favourites drew each other. Bollocks. Oh well, 1st heat coming up...

Going by the way the voting has gone, I can see three being in the semi's. Whatever happened to taste buds?

There's a lot of younger members on SZ though, and they will mostly vote for lagers as that's what's popular amongst their demographic. When they grow up a bit and get some tastebuds they will learn.... ;)

I'm surprised at some of the casualties along the way. Not a big fan of lager, but though Nastro Azzurro or Budvar would make the grade above these 4?

There's a lot of younger members on SZ though, and they will mostly vote for lagers as that's what's popular amongst their demographic. When they grow up a bit and get some tastebuds they will learn.... ;)

spoken like a true 53 year old!

Im 33 and would drink the 3 lagers over Bitter anyday of the week, but there again i would drink a nice drop of wine over the lager. Then there is the Vodka to take into consideration. Decisions, decisions!!!!

Im 33 and would drink the 3 lagers over Bitter anyday of the week, but there again i would drink a nice drop of wine over the lager. Then there is the Vodka to take into consideration. Decisions, decisions!!!!

Pear Cider. It's the way of the future. dontchew know?

All those pessimists who were saying that Stella wouldnt get anywhere. C'mon the stella!

Kopparberg 'tis lovely. Had a few bottles on monday :)

It's quite nice - has a very distinctive aftertaste though which can get a bit much if you have a few. Used to love it when it first came out, but I've drifted back to the traditional apple cider these days.

Kopparberg = :thumbdown:
Pear Bulmers & Jacques (forest or orchard fruits) = :support:

Too much indulgence = :dizzy:
Although at least it's a step up from Stella = :punch:

I wasn't impressed when I had a pint bottle of Kopparberg out the other week. After taste was too artificial.

Although, this month my pear alcohol of choice is Absolut Pears vodka, mmmmmmmmm ;)

Actually if we are talking about pear then it is all about the Bulmers I'm afraid! Tried that Kopperburg in the airport before I went on holiday and it was gross!

Back