• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battrick - Matchday 9 (OD)

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Biggest game of the season for me today, whoever wins will probably win the division. I'm up against former England manager Ed Weatherall's KLTCE, he's already said he's going to GFI, but I'm only going to PAN as GFI doesn't seem to suit my team , and also it will just kill PFL before next weeks FC. Full team out today, with only Des and The big O at Energetic, everyone else at Sublime.

My opponent is probably the second best team in the division but has not managed their PFL levels at all so will be destroyed.

More interest in Nick's game where he will be GFI against the league leaders with a fully fit line up for the first time since the start of the season.

Nick's game should be a cracker, he still needs someone else to do him a favour though. Can't see it being Mrs BB unfortunately.

Yeah, it was that game last week that screwed it for Nick. Actually it was his complete lack of interest in the first few weeks taht really screwed it, he let all his bowlers play every match and because they all have cack stamina they never recovered properly.

Going for another win - me 6th vs 5th and a win should see me 8 pts clear of autorelegation. it will be tight but my all round star spinner together with my other spinner and three great performers should see me through. Miles ahead on Pfl seeing as none of the entire line up have played an FC for 3 weeks :D

I can see things kicking off late as there seems to be a few problems in other countries. We haven't had our daily update yet ( by the looks of it ) but everyone is nearly on sublime, just a few which are on energetic so im managing that quite well. Looking to bowl first. The oppo's best player is down to lively and a couple of the others are on invig' but i know he will play them all anyway as he wants to beat me!

:rolleyes:

Kev

Have had to rest 3 of my bowlers today and I don't have the best backup in that area so not expecting anything great from my bowling but I have my strongest batting line up out. I'm yet to beat a human opponent, largely becasue of my rubbish bowlers, so not overly confident of a win today. :(

Welcome to New Trafford for the match between Red Roses and General Stars.

We can tell you that General Stars won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a cracker! Hard and fast - should be a run-fest out there on this sunny day.

Lets join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

0.2 . Guy to Carlisle
Carlisle plays forward with a straight bat, pushing it to the off side and there's no run.
0.1 W Guy to Mccready
HOWZAT! The umpire takes a while to think about it, and raises his finger! OUT.

Now, im liking that start. It does, however, bring their best batter to the crease!

Kev

The General said:
I can see things kicking off late as there seems to be a few problems in other countries. We haven't had our daily update yet ( by the looks of it )
Kev
Everything off and running OK, updates had gone through as a couple of mine had changed this morning.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Keep Licking that Cricketing Elbow

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloud day.

Good stuff :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIBS DIPPERS v Pukka's Pies

We can tell you that Pukka's Pies won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloud day.

Goos start. His openers are really just cannon-fodder though, 3-6 is his strength, at least we've got 1 of them in early.

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 3: 7-1, runrate=2.33
Middleton 2-0-2-0
Teggart* 1 (3 balls)
Tindall 2 (6 balls)

Last Wicket: Garvey Run Out 4 (FOW: 6/1)

Mrs BB has rested Harry today, just to save him for Tuesday's game against Kev!

Pukka's Pies won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 3: 9-0, runrate=3.00
Fernando 2-1-3-0
Hutton* 2 (7 balls)
Owens 5 (11 balls)

Goos start. His openers are really just cannon-fodder though, 3-6 is his strength, at least we've got 1 of them in early.

End of Over 3: 7-1, runrate=2.33
Middleton 2-0-2-0
Teggart* 1 (3 balls)
Tindall 2 (6 balls)

Last Wicket: Garvey Run Out 4 (FOW: 6/1)

Mrs BB has rested Harry today, just to save him for Tuesday's game against Kev!

End of Over 3: 9-0, runrate=3.00
Fernando 2-1-3-0
Hutton* 2 (7 balls)
Owens 5 (11 balls)

Dont make me use the Guy/Jackman combo for the third week on the row.. She'll regret it!

:thump:

End of Over 6: 34-2, runrate=5.67
Jackman 3-0-10-0
Carlisle* 24 (18 balls)
Dobson 2 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Robbins c. Jackman b. Guy 8 (FOW: 23/2)

Good start. Carlisle, their best player, is on invig ( was lively yesterday evening ) so hoping he will start well and bugger off soon. His average this season is 167 and has finished not out 6 times, from his ten innings! He is also their WK but with 13k wages and 60K BTR he looks useful!

Kev

Superb start, really couldn't have asked for more. The big O has 3 overs left in this spell, if he can nip out 1 more, I'll be very pleased.

End of Over 7: 19-3, runrate=2.71
Middleton 4-0-4-2
Felice* 1 (2 balls)
Bushell 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Tindall b. Middleton 4 (FOW: 19/3)

End of Over 6: 23-2, runrate=3.83
Hayden 3-0-13-1
Owens* 6 (15 balls)
Eagles 0 (4 balls)

Last Wicket: Stride c. Kwok b. Hayden 0 (FOW: 23/2)

The General said:
Dont make me use the Guy/Jackman combo for the third week on the row.. She'll regret it!

:thump:
I think you're bowling will be a bit too much for her, but I think she's looking to put out a pretty strong team.

Saj departs but happy enough with the start.

End of Over 9: 50-1, runrate=5.56
Makooi 5-1-21-0
Cunningham* 27 (24 balls)
Curtis 12 (7 balls)

Last Wicket: Sajjad b. Mcintosh 11 (FOW: 35/1)

Nick also ticking along nicely, if he wins Kev can go further up the promotion table!

End of Over 9: 47-0, runrate=5.22
Payne 5-0-25-0
Oconnor* 20 (34 balls)
Field 26 (20 balls)

I think you're bowling will be a bit too much for her, but I think she's looking to put out a pretty strong team.

If i win today, all my efforts will be towards the OD side of things. Im never going to put out an ultra strong team so it should be close if she puts out na strong team. The thing is, the current leaders are 15 points clear and are looking rather un-stoppable. They have Dibs side in week 13 and then me in week 14. Wish i could play them earlier (Or Dibs!) as then i know where i stand and what i need to do!

Kev

YB will be happy!

We can tell you that Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloud day.

Lets join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 8: 14-10, runrate=1.75
Ramsden 3-1-6-5
Wilson* 0 (1 balls)

That's quality and (almost) wonderful batsmen taken out by a respectable 32yo in feeble form :fury:

End of Over 12: 66-2, runrate=5.50
Fallon 1-0-6-0
Curtis* 15 (13 balls)
Cook 12 (10 balls)

Last Wicket: Cunningham b. Mcintosh 28 (FOW: 52/2)

Mrs BB has had the same in her game, Remarkable / Wonderful bat taken out 1st ball by a Respectable.

End of Over 14: 53-3, runrate=3.79
Prasad 2-0-9-0
Bushell* 14 (24 balls)
Felice 20 (21 balls)

Last Wicket: Tindall b. Middleton 4 (FOW: 19/3)

Need to keep it tight now, maybe winkle a couple out before the 40 over mark, and then finish them off.

Mrs BB in a little bit of bother, more so if she loses another one.

End of Over 14: 77-4, runrate=5.50
Ahmed 2-0-10-0
Eagles* 26 (23 balls)
Shaw 11 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Judd lbw b. Fernando 0 (FOW: 40/4)

Back