• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Article - takeover completion still seems 2 months away

Latest News on the sale UPDATED today.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given they are not planning work on the West until May next year, the plans must be reasonably significant. If it was just a bit of a tart up then surely they’d do that this summer.

Talk before was of remodelling the back to allow better flow of crowds and better access to catering and toilets.

No mention of the North Bank - I wonder if that will be sooner?

Given they are not planning work on the West until May next year, the plans must be reasonably significant. If it was just a bit of a tart up then surely they’d do that this summer.

Talk before was of remodelling the back to allow better flow of crowds and better access to catering and toilets.

No mention of the North Bank - I wonder if that will be sooner?
If they need planning permission, or other permissions from council then they'd already be cutting it fine to be starting in the summer

I think this needs to get bumped again.

I’m worried tbh and can’t just blindly accept ‘everything will be ok, just be patient.’

It’s April next week and Ron Martin still owns the football club.
I understand the worry, but I'm not hearing anything that concerns me unduly at the moment. Due diligence is still ongoing, with lawyers having been in rooms this week, and there have been no red flags come up thus far.

With the electons soon I don't see it happening before May
The aim from everyone involved is to get it done before. Once DD completes, there will likely be an additional week or two for council and Thames Plaza to finalise an Agreement for Lease for Fossetts. Probably looking at 2nd/3rd week of April at the moment, but no guarantees that it won't slip slightly again.

*If* it does slip beyond elections, then with both sides of the local council's political spectrum pledging their support and desire to get this deal done, the deal shouldn't be sensitive to a change in administration.

Any idea what they plan to do with the west?

I would have thought the north would have been a top priority. It's in bits and is part of the reason capacity is limited
North is not a priority. East is certainly higher on the list because that will enhance the cooperate business which will bring in revenue to fund other projects. The West is a big job obviously but certainly the roof needs to be replaced before anything underneath, with much better extended food, bar and toilet facilities at the top. There is a lot of space up there. Justin is a big fan of the atmosphere there so doesn't want to lose that. He and the COSU have identified the North to be similar to the Barnet stand with food outlets underneath, but it's quite a way off yet. Fanzone will be high on the list.

North is not a priority. East is certainly higher on the list because that will enhance the cooperate business which will bring in revenue to fund other projects. The West is a big job obviously but certainly the roof needs to be replaced before anything underneath, with much better extended food, bar and toilet facilities at the top. There is a lot of space up there. Justin is a big fan of the atmosphere there so doesn't want to lose that. He and the COSU have identified the North to be similar to the Barnet stand with food outlets underneath, but it's quite a way off yet. Fanzone will be high on the list.

I can't see how the east is a priority until the rest of roots hall is fixed and capacity increased.

The main stand will likely take 6-9 months to completely knock down and rebuild. That will be 2500 odd down on current capacity which is only just over 9k. Can the club operate with just 3 stands and 6500 odd capacity.

I highly doubt it.

As for the Barnet stand for the north. Surely that wouldn't get planning due to the houses behind and their access to sunlight etc.

I'd love to see a stand in the north like that though.

I can't see how the east is a priority until the rest of roots hall is fixed and capacity increased.

The main stand will likely take 6-9 months to completely knock down and rebuild. That will be 2500 odd down on current capacity which is only just over 9k. Can the club operate with just 3 stands and 6500 odd capacity.

I highly doubt it.

As for the Barnet stand for the north. Surely that wouldn't get planning due to the houses behind and their access to sunlight etc.

I'd love to see a stand in the north like that though.
Not exactly sure but I imagine the East will be in stages so unlikely all smashed down in one go. West certainly is very high on the priority list. Certainly going to be an interesting project!

I understand the worry, but I'm not hearing anything that concerns me unduly at the moment. Due diligence is still ongoing, with lawyers having been in rooms this week, and there have been no red flags come up thus far.

The aim from everyone involved is to get it done before. Once DD completes, there will likely be an additional week or two for council and Thames Plaza to finalise an Agreement for Lease for Fossetts. Probably looking at 2nd/3rd week of April at the moment, but no guarantees that it won't slip slightly again.

*If* it does slip beyond elections, then with both sides of the local council's political spectrum pledging their support and desire to get this deal done, the deal shouldn't be sensitive to a change in administration.
Thanks for the update James 👍

I'd heard that the North was being done before the East because of the scale of the job involved to replace it in its entirety.

I believe the West is first then the North and possibly South to run in tandem as they are relatively quick solves.

Are there anymore plans published out there? For any of the stands? Or are they just cracking on and we will just have to like or lump what they are doing?

Im used to seeing either a scale model with stickmen and lego trees, or a touched up artists impression with glorious blue skies, full attendance and players badly photoshopped in.

Are there anymore plans published out there? For any of the stands? Or are they just cracking on and we will just have to like or lump what they are doing?

Im used to seeing either a scale model with stickmen and lego trees, or a touched up artists impression with glorious blue skies, full attendance and players badly photoshopped in.
Yep, this was recently...

Attachments

• CxAHcSpXcAAKZRg.jpeg
    CxAHcSpXcAAKZRg.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 75
The West needs a total rethink on the layout.Never put an entrance to the bar next to toilets.You get a massive queue where due to space you have those queuing for the bar in with those queuing for the toilets.Then when you do make it and return to your seat you're stuck in the queue for the mens toilets.Absolute chaos.I have noticed that the queue for the bar has been changed to the other side the last few games which has helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back