• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC Article - takeover completion still seems 2 months away

Latest News on the sale UPDATED today.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
TL: "People are nervous about putting timescales on things - six to eight weeks is what I've heard in terms of the due diligence and it might take a couple of weeks after that for the (council) cabinet procedure to go through.”

Sigh. This has to be the longest drawn out sale in history. Anyway…

A couple of bits of info regards RH redevelopment:

1. Aiming to start work on the West before May 2025.

2. East stand will be a complete knock down and rebuild job.

and ron martin still sits above roots hall probably laughing down on all of us , wonder if this will hold up any planed building work around the ground or delay the opening of the training ground . which they planned to open for the players returning june / july

and ron martin still sits above roots hall probably laughing down on all of us , wonder if this will hold up any planed building work around the ground or delay the opening of the training ground . which they planned to open for the players returning june / july
Given today's observations by a few posters that work appears to be going on at the new training ground hopefully it doesn't impact

TL: "People are nervous about putting timescales on things - six to eight weeks is what I've heard in terms of the due diligence and it might take a couple of weeks after that for the (council) cabinet procedure to go through.”

Any idea what they plan to do with the west?

I would have thought the north would have been a top priority. It's in bits and is part of the reason capacity is limited

Once the takeover goes through, who will own Roots Hall ?? I have heard rumours...

Once the takeover goes through, who will own Roots Hall ?? I have heard rumours...
POSU FC Ltd (Property of Southend United) the new company owned by the consortium.

All explained at the evening with the consortium (available to watch on YouTube if you weren’t there).

If the rumour you have heard is different, then it’s wrong!

I was also told the North will be done before the East will be knocked down.

Makes sens as we will need the rest of the ground at full capacity while there is no East stand.

This is honestly so frustrating. ‘Will complete in early 2024’ I think we all knew this would be bollocks, given who we are dealing with.

Until the council approve the 500 houses at FF instead of RH the takeover wont be complete. Not sure why so many can't accept that.

In the grand scheme of things does it make much difference. Kev has been able to offload some and bring others in. No serious work on the stadium will start for at least 12 months but doesn't stop fanzone etc.

Plus the club will get back £20m from the housing deal......If it happens. The ball is now firmly in the council's court not Ron's.

Last edited:
Until the council approve the 500 houses at FF instead of RH the takeover wont be complete. Not sure why so many can't accept that.

In the grand scheme of things does it make much difference. Kev has been able to offload some and bring others in. No serious work on the stadium will start for at least 12 months but doesn't stop fanzine etc.

Plus the club will get back £20m from the housing deal......If it happens. The ball is now firmly in the council's court not Ron's.
Ah normal service resumed. Bliss.

In the grand scheme of things does it make much difference. Kev has been able to offload some and bring others in. No serious work on the stadium will start for at least 12 months but doesn't stop fanzine etc.

It's more do with the length of time it's taking..... from fans perspective its frustrating! The council give it the big 1 saying how vital the club is to the community and to the city but still the club is in limbo and can't move forward. They need to act now and follow through what they previously said otherwise we go into next season under dark cloud which will hinder us going forward.

It's more do with the length of time it's taking..... from fans perspective its frustrating! The council give it the big 1 saying how vital the club is to the community and to the city but still the club is in limbo and can't move forward. They need to act now and follow through what they previously said otherwise we go into next season under dark cloud which will hinder us going forward.

The problem is our council have never been under any pressure to protect SUFC. There are more PL fans than shrimpers in the town and even many regulars at the Hall have big interest or family connections to London teams. Yes Anna has done well highlighting our plight but some of the more local politicians are just playing to an easy "We All Hate RON" gallery

The May elections are used as an excuse fro not getting the deal done. Imagine a club like Sunderland at risk going out of existence because of their council dragging its feet. All local councillors would be falling over each other to get it done before May as they might all lose their seats.

Uncle Vic tried to call their bluff and SBC just laughed at him because whilst us fans really care, the average voter in our town couldn't give a t***.......Sadly that includes many so called football fans

The problem is our council have never been under any pressure to protect SUFC. There are more PL fans than shrimpers in the town and even many regulars at the Hall have big interest or family connections to London teams. Yes Anna has done well highlighting our plight but some of the more local politicians are just playing to an easy "We All Hate RON" gallery

The May elections are used as an excuse fro not getting the deal done. Imagine a club like Sunderland at risk going out of existence because of their council dragging its feet. All local councillors would be falling over each other to get it done before May as they might all lose their seats.

Uncle Vic tried to call their bluff and SBC just laughed at him because whilst us fans really care, the average voter in our town couldn't give a t***.......Sadly that includes many so called football fans
I wrote to all my local councillors asking them to pressure whoever and lobby whoever it is that needs lobbying. I also pointed out that the majority of Blues supporters are also local voters. All 3 got back to me and promised to do everything they could to move things along. I thought the deal was that we would all lobby our local councillors, but I've not seen to much evidence on here that many have. The last thing councillors want is constant prodding by voters for them to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back