• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

I have just broadcast live to the people of Essex about the lack of a new stadium.

Interviewed by James Whale and told him the thoughts of SZ.

Should be repeated throughout the day.

My parting words were "Get your purse out Ron"

Whale was clearly trying to make things out to be an impending doomsday. He seemed only interested in putting the worst possible slant on things. Poor interviewing. Well done to Ken for not being sucked in.

Well done Ken - hopefully this will provoke Ron into some kind of statement. How meaningful this is (based on history) remains to be seen....!

I liked the bit about some of our fans being fickle enough to stop going if there wasn't decent burger access. :smile:

and that interview definitely isn't going to encourage any "floating fans" to get down to Roots Hall and watch Southend. Leaking Roof, Dangerous burger bars........why not just tell them to jump on a train and form an orderly queue outside the Olympic Stadium.

and that interview definitely isn't going to encourage any "floating fans" to get down to Roots Hall and watch Southend. Leaking Roof, Dangerous burger bars........why not just tell them to jump on a train and form an orderly queue outside the Olympic Stadium.

That's implying that people still listen to BBC Essex? I must say that it's not my number one choice aside from a Saturday afternoon away game commentary.

That's implying that people still listen to BBC Essex? I must say that it's not my number one choice aside from a Saturday afternoon away game commentary.

I only use it for the post match scores/interviews on the way home from RH. 20 minutes every other Saturday is more than enough

Well done Ken. Telling it how it is, despite the guy clearly trying to seek an angle to blow things up.

That said Sainsbury/SUFC do need to come out and explain what is going on, as the longer the silence goes on, the more damaging rumours become.

If for instance Sainsbury are "reviewing" their new builds and re-thinking their strategy with regards to budget supermarkets like Lidl and Aldi. Why can this not be announced?...It is hardly groundbreaking (excuse the pun) news is it?...everyone knows the budget supermarkets are smashing the market share to bits at the moment. But all the same it would be nice to hear from the top if this was the reasons for the delay. Then we can all move on, hope for the best and concentrate on the goings on on the pitch.

Staying silent is just making things worse and the snowball is getting bigger by the day....

I have just broadcast live to the people of Essex about the lack of a new stadium.

Interviewed by James Whale and told him the thoughts of SZ.

Should be repeated throughout the day.

My parting words were "Get your purse out Ron"

Top work!

I still cannot understand why a smaller stadium would not suffice which allows for increased capacity as and when required.

Well answered Ken.James Whale is an excellent interviewer,who likes to get to the point.Which is RM has mucked around with SUFC for fifteen years now.Finances are dire.He is trying to wriggle his way around problems.He couldn't run an ice cream parlour in the desert !! I am sick and tired of apologists thinking Martin Dawn are our saviour.They are certainly not.As for people thinking it would cost many millions to buy him out,that is tosh.The football club have very little by way of assets,as Martin Dawn took the ground as surety for getting involved in the first place. I fear for the future of SUFC.

Well done Ken. Telling it how it is, despite the guy clearly trying to seek an angle to blow things up.

That said Sainsbury/SUFC do need to come out and explain what is going on, as the longer the silence goes on, the more damaging rumours become.

If for instance Sainsbury are "reviewing" their new builds and re-thinking their strategy with regards to budget supermarkets like Lidl and Aldi. Why can this not be announced?...It is hardly groundbreaking (excuse the pun) news is it?...everyone knows the budget supermarkets are smashing the market share to bits at the moment. But all the same it would be nice to hear from the top if this was the reasons for the delay. Then we can all move on, hope for the best and concentrate on the goings on on the pitch.

Staying silent is just making things worse and the snowball is getting bigger by the day....

Why do Sainsbury and SUFC "NEED" to come out and say something?

We'd all like them to but they don't need to. Most businesses like to keep their planning to themselves and not discuss them with everyone who wants to know what they are doing.

Staying silent isn't making things worse, its just annoying a few people on an internet forum.

How did you all cope before the internet was invented?

James Whale is not into sports at all, having worked with him for many years at LBC he likes to get a reaction and i think he is suffering from local 'uninteresting' news to him to try and spice it up a bit, sadly i don't think more people will switch on to listen as he came off somewhat clueless - talking of improving roots hall?!? - end of the day its new stadium or bust - every southend fan knows this!

James Whale is not into sports at all, having worked with him for many years at LBC he likes to get a reaction and i think he is suffering from local 'uninteresting' news to him to try and spice it up a bit, sadly i don't think more people will switch on to listen as he came off somewhat clueless - talking of improving roots hall?!? - end of the day its new stadium or bust - every southend fan knows this!

He came across exactly like that, just trying to get reaction and had no insight about the whole situation.

Top work!

I still cannot understand why a smaller stadium would not suffice which allows for increased capacity as and when required.

22,000 was always very ambitious, but when you look at the cost would it really have cost that much less to build one 16-18k?

I was surprised at the time about the 22k and thought 18k would be sufficient, but the difference between the two would only be half a dozen extra rows.

Terrible interview.

James Whale is awful and sounded clueless.

Ken did well with what nonsense he was being asked.

Sorry, but whilst accepting James Whale is not Jeremy Paxman or a latter day David Frost, what exactly did he say that was awful or clueless ?

Sorry, but whilst accepting James Whale is not Jeremy Paxman or a latter day David Frost, what exactly did he say that was awful or clueless ?

Well one point he was trying to push was that the longer the stadium goes on the more fans will stop going to games, total nonsense.

Back