• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC ESSEX  NEWS

Aparently BRAMBLE and GRAY will be the strike force against Boston tommrow .Oh dear I hope this is not a clanger by STEVE TILSON .Its seemes he felt these two did enough at DARLO to earn another chance .Stange was he only watching the defence then and didnt see our so called attack only had 3 shots all game .
ghostface.gif

Aren't Dudfield & Broughton injured? So there's not much competition up front. Eastwood will be on the bench, I assume, along with Jimmy C.

I personally would like to see Corbett get a start ahead of Gray - I think it was last year against Rochdale at home last year when we won 4-0 that Jimmy started up front and showed his worth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ Oct. 07 2004,13:53)]I think it was last year against Rochdale at home last year when we won 4-0 that Jimmy started up front and showed his worth.
What a day that was.

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 07 2004,14:33)]Aparently BRAMBLE and GRAY will be the strike force against Boston tommrow .Oh dear I hope this is not a clanger by STEVE TILSON .Its seemes he felt these two did enough at DARLO to earn another chance .Stange was he only watching the defence then and didnt see our so called attack only had 3 shots all game .
ghostface.gif
I'm not a fan of Gray, but him and Bramble both did a good job at Col U last Wednesday. There is no way on earth you can blame just them for our defeat at Darlington.

Everyone wants to see Eastwood start, but most probably if he did then everyone would all be on here Saturday morning saying how sh*t he was and why did Tilly bother getting him.

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 07 2004,15:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ Oct. 07 2004,13:53)]I think it was last year against Rochdale at home last year when we won 4-0 that Jimmy started up front and showed his worth.
What a day that was.

Kev

cool.gif
Missed that one.

Had to abroad and attend someones wedding!

Tut tut!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ Oct. 07 2004,13:53)]I personally would like to see Corbett get a start ahead of Gray - I think it was last year against Rochdale at home last year when we won 4-0 that Jimmy started up front and showed his worth.
Whenever Corbett and Tes play together, we win, it's a fact!  
wink.gif

Gray & Bramble were DIRE at Darlo on Sat, Bramble looked nowhere near as sharp as he had done against Kiddy the week before. I wasn't lucky enough to manage the Col U game last week as I'd planned my trip home before the LDV draw so I can't comment on how well they led the line at Layer Rd.

Still with Eastwood presumably on the bench, perhaps Tilly's thinking he's in a kind of a no lose situation. If they both think "hang on, we need to buck up our ideas" and they play well & hit a couple of goals we'll all be happy or if one of them does stuggle he can then always unleash Freddy, who'll be keen to impress!

Also, BBC website team news for tomorrow suggests Dudfield may well return
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 07 2004,14:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ Oct. 07 2004,13:53)]I personally would like to see Corbett get a start ahead of Gray - I think it was last year against Rochdale at home last year when we won 4-0 that Jimmy started up front and showed his worth.
wink.gif
Rubbish.

Southend 1-1 Canvey

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 07 2004,15:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 07 2004,14:59)]
[b said:
wink.gif
Rubbish.

Southend 1-1 Canvey
Alright smartarse.

I'll rephrase it to, whenever Corbett and Tes play together, we don't lose, it's a fact.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 07 2004,15:07)]P.S. Good spot, Steve!
laugh.gif
I knew there had to have been a game they both started up front we didn't win.

Although to be fair I think that's the only one....

Personally I think we should start Eastwood with Tes. Granted he hasn't been here long, but he scored in the reserve game the day after he arrived. We only have him for a month we might aswell use him while he's here. Lets face it, he deserves as much of a chance to be in the first team as Wayne Gray does after his start to the season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper JK @ Oct. 07 2004,16:43)]Personally I think we should start Eastwood with Tes. Granted he hasn't been here long, but he scored in the reserve game the day after he arrived. We  only have him for a month we might aswell use him while he's here. Lets face it, he deserves as much of a chance to be in the first team as Wayne Gray does after his start to the season.
I disagree with Eastwood starting & would prefer to see him after an hour AND only if we need to make the change! IMHO, it's not reasonable to pick a loanee in the starting XI, unless there are no other options available... as much as some may not like it, Gray & Bramble ARE available and should therefore start.

UP THE SHRIMPERS!
cool.gif

i think we should give grey and tes a chance, you cant blame just them for olny 3 shots on saturday, midfield didnt give them a great deal of service. but if it dont work against boston, a change wil be they only option javascript:emoticon('
wow.gif
')
smilie

Sorry if I dont agree but MARK RAWLE was called bambie on ice .Well gray is a fat bottom girl as he is on his ares more than he is on his feet . And no he and bramble was not to blame for the 4 0 drubbing .But I pay to see shots on target as well as a good team performance and at DARLO and ROCHDALE I saw neither .
sad.gif

C'mon petejan your being a bit harsh aren't you? Granted Gray hasn't made the best of starts to his SUFC career but both Tilly and Brush believe he will come good and I believe that. Gray deserves his chance up front alongside Tes. With Drewenaldo out and Dudfield a doubt they are the only options along with Eastwood. Gray and Tes played well Vs Col U and had an off day, like everyone else bar one or two, Vs Darlington.

As for Corbett, I don't rate him as a forward and certainly not as a central midfielder. He, for me, is more of a winger. His only playing in the middle of the park in the reserves to get his fitness levels up. Last season, when he filled in in the middle of the park, looked a bit like Hunt. Both of them can play but not in the middle of the park.

Back