• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC in reporting error

A bomber has been imprisoned for 11 years according to this article

Bomber .

But the BBC have used the wrong picture, this one is clearly not a Muslim......

Just to play 'devil's advocate', the article doesn't actually mention his religion - for all we know he could be a muslim. Hope you're not making the racist assumption that a white person cannot be a muslim.;)

And back on topic - lets play the "% of muslims who are suicide bombers vs % of christians / atheists who are suicide bombers" game. Might not be right tarring them with the same brush, but they could help themselves here by not blowing themselves up.

Just to play 'devil's advocate', the article doesn't actually mention his religion - for all we know he could be a muslim. Hope you're not making the racist assumption that a white person cannot be a muslim.;)

The assumption was based on the report stating that he was a BNP member , and this was at a time before the BNP relaxed their regulations regarding membership

Not really as it was a postal vote in the Southend West constituency.Ironically most of the posh voters in the Chalkwell ward, where my mate lives, switched their votes from Tory to Labour,who finished second there, for the first time ever I believe.
Bring in PR now.:soapbox:

Do you mean proportional representation or PR as in SUFC's public relations expert Geoffrey King ?

Oh.. whoever complained about the "Racist" post... shocking, absoultely shocking.

And back on topic - lets play the "% of muslims who are suicide bombers vs % of christians / atheists who are suicide bombers" game. Might not be right tarring them with the same brush, but they could help themselves here by not blowing themselves up.

A suicide bomber is ultimately an expression of gurllia warfare . I'm more worried about those nutters with access to, armies navies and air forces myself . The ideology dosnt matter the psycology of an individual willing to give their life with such a small amount of knowledge /information is the greatest fear here .

May i recommend to people to watch th eprogramme on BBC2 at 8pm about T.E Lawrence and one of the reasons teh middle east is in teh mess it is.

A suicide bomber is ultimately an expression of gurllia warfare . I'm more worried about those nutters with access to, armies navies and air forces myself . The ideology dosnt matter the psycology of an individual willing to give their life with such a small amount of knowledge /information is the greatest fear here .

May i recommend to people to watch th eprogramme on BBC2 at 8pm about T.E Lawrence and one of the reasons teh middle east is in teh mess it is.

A suicide bomber is ultimately an expression of someone who has been brainwashed or, as has been the case on more than one occassion in the not too distant past, people with mental disorders who didn't even know what they were doing. That to me is a greater fear, that lunatics who scream 'Allah is great' are soul less enough to send such weak minded and helpless people to act on their will. The Koran does not condone these animals, it is for their own gain useing religion as a tenplate for hate. Take the religion away and it's stripped to the bare bones, hate for the sake of hate.

The Middle East is in the state it is through no fault of the infidel West. They had been murdering each other long before we stuck our noses in.

Spot on. The politics during the reign of George V have caused no end of troubles. The Northern Ireland situation was another one made worse by this period

A suicide bomber is ultimately an expression of someone who has been brainwashed or, as has been the case on more than one occassion in the not too distant past, people with mental disorders who didn't even know what they were doing. That to me is a greater fear, that lunatics who scream 'Allah is great' are soul less enough to send such weak minded and helpless people to act on their will. The Koran does not condone these animals, it is for their own gain useing religion as a tenplate for hate. Take the religion away and it's stripped to the bare bones, hate for the sake of hate.

The Middle East is in the state it is through no fault of the infidel West. They had been murdering each other long before we stuck our noses in.

Nope becuase a mentally disturb person would not be conciousess enough to detonate either at the correct time or even at all (unless it was remotly detonated which is a nother thing entirly )

But i do agree its hate for hate (and im sure ive mentioned the taking relgion /social ideology part away before ), Relgion dosnt cuase it (neither Genghis Khan, Vlad Dracoul, Hannibal, Alexander the Great Starlin (they all conqured and repressed indigeouness peoples with acts of terror btw slaughtering far more then your average suicide bomber) for instanse were even remotely religious or had mandates from a divine power).

This isnt an East meets West fight of ultimate moral supremacy or our relgiouesn better then yours its want want , screw up , oh sorry we put our flag here , 50 years later oh we repressed our own people becuase of our inherent dogma and we dont have the courage to change our own societies . Its repeated bollox's on all sides our ancestors have been doing for thousands of years and quite frankly pointless.

Surrey , yes totally . Oh btw the first recorded "suicide bombers" were The Knights Templar , a ship with powder on it killing 140 christian's .

A

basically your saying its an extreme over-reaction to discovering the british officer who helped the arabs get rid of turkish colonial rule was a homosexual?:unsure:

Lawrence of Arabia

<Originally Posted by osymandus
A
May i recommend to people to watch th eprogramme on BBC2 at 8pm about T.E Lawrence and one of the reasons teh middle east is in teh mess it is. <

I must say I thought the first part was certainly an interesting programme but I'm not really sure that it shed any light on the current situation in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Maybe next week's sequel will square the circle but I doubt it somehow.

<Originally Posted by osymandus
A
May i recommend to people to watch th eprogramme on BBC2 at 8pm about T.E Lawrence and one of the reasons teh middle east is in teh mess it is. <

I must say I thought the first part was certainly an interesting programme but I'm not really sure that it shed any light on the current situation in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Maybe next week's sequel will square the circle but I doubt it somehow.

Yes the main issue isnt covered in there aside from T.E Lawrences understanding of Arabic culture , and the deal done behind his back with the French which is covered next week (whom they and historians do blame for starting teh troubles). I though it was only a 1 off not a 2 parter . Basically Lawrence and Winstone Churchill understood that the Arabic nation could be trusted to develop their own and build their own nation , the governments of UK and France didnt because they wanted the land and though they were fuzzy wizzys who were uncivilised , this betrayal hasn't ever really been forgotten hence one of many reason why they inherently dislike the west (even though as the Bedowin's said they trust Lawrence still but most other tribes side regard him as siding with imperialist ideals ) . If you get a copy of Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T.E Lawrence it explains in depth what happened at the time .

The Prsioner: No, now your just being silly.

Second hand book shops are your friend i found teh oxford edition for £2.00

Actually,I ordered a copy on Amazon last night.There's only one good second hand bookshop(for English books)that I know here in Barcelona and it's in Gracia which isn't convenient for me unless I can get there on a Saturday.

Back