• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
I tried to be as honest as possible in order to try and achieve an unbiased end-of-season prediction and have come up with the following:

1) Brentford 90pts
2) Southend United 86pts
-----------------------------------------------
3) Barnsley 83pts
4) Huddersfield Town 80pts
5) Swansea City 80pts
6) Col******r United 77pts
-----------------------------------------------
7) Oldham Athletic 73pts
8) Nottingham Forest 67pts
9) Bradford City 63pts
10) Bristol City 63pts
11) Scunthorpe United 63pts
12) Tranmere Rovers 58pts
13) Chesterfield 57pts
14) Port Vale 57pts
15) Walsall 57pts
16) AFC Bournemouth 56pts
17) Blackpool 56pts
18) Doncaster Rovers 55pts
19) Yeovil Town 50pts
20) Milton Keynes Dons 50pts damnnn!
------------------------------------------------
21) Hartlepool United 47pts
22) Gillingham 42pts
23) Swindon Town 41pts
24) Rotherham United 40pts

For the record, I predicted:

Southend United 3 Hartlepool United 1
AFC Bournemouth 2 Southend United 2
Southend United 2 Blackpool 0
Southend United 4 Gillingham 0
Barnsley 2 Southend United 1
Southend United 2 Doncaster Rovers 1
Swansea City 2 Southend United 1
Southend United 2 Bristol City 1

smile.gif

I would have taken that now, but expect for MK Dons staying up - if they go down, I got a feeling they will do a "Torquay" in League 2.

I think unless we get a good win against Swansea or Barnsley we will finish 2nd.

4 more wins will get us promotion and whilst the title would be nice just getting into the Championship is the only thing that matters.

It was annoying Swansea won but I reckon we only need 4 wins to get up as long as Col U dont go on a huge winning run (doubtful).

4 wins would give us 82 points and the chasing pack's maximium points below would require them winning all of the 8 (or 10) games.

When you look at it like that it looks far more promising !

Maximum points if all games won :
Huddersfield : 88
Swansea : 87
Barnsley : 85
Brentford : 94
Col******r :92

I'd take second place behind Brentford....

as XS says, though, I'd rather MK Dons went down though

I can't disagree with those results. Really, really don't see Brentford getting 90 points though. They're definately not a 90 point team.

Just can't see Brentford having an 8-2-0 record 'til the end of the season. I think 6-2-2 or 6-3-1 is more realistic, giving 85 or 86 points. Which makes it nip & tuck for the title.

MK Dons not going down?

I'd take second and automatic promotion easily, but MK Dons not getting relegated?

4-0 Gillingham?
laugh.gif
Are they really that bad?

Dont worry chaps. Follow Sporting Index:
Sufc 84
Brentford 80
Hudders 77
Col U 77
Swans 76
Barnsley 74
Oldham 72

To you give you an idea how close this mob get to most things Sporting, they set the index for Total League One goal minutes last Saturday at 1210-1260. I bought the bet which finished at 1286 and won 18 quid. Thank god for the 86th minute penalty at Doncaster

And the fixed odds boys still fancy us to top the table. Best prices...

Southend.....10/11 (BlueSq, SkyBet)
Brentford......3/1 (Hills, bet365)
Col Ewe........10/1 (Ladbrokes)
H'field...........12/1 (Ladbrokes)
Swansea.......12/1 (generally available)

Please remember our fate is entirely in our own hands, we are not reliant on other teams losing.

If we win all our games (unlikely I know) we will have more points potentially than any club other than Brentford. We also have a vastly superior goal difference.

If we get 85 points then we get automatic promotion.

In my opinion on paper Brentford have the easiest run in, although they have to play more games on top of each other.

Col******r looks like the hardest run in to me. I would say that Swansea have 3 very tough games to finish the season. We have 4 very tough games to finish with, especially with Johnson shaping Bristol City into a side. Please let us be up by then!

In my predictor I had Brentford winning the league on 89, us second on 84, Huddersfield 3rd on 82. This means it goes to the last day !!!!!!!!!  
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

Cheers

Glen

You can do all the predictor's you like, but between now and the end of the season there will be all sorts of surprise results, as per our defeat at MKD on Saturday.

Nothing will be guaranteed until there is a little p (or hopefully c) against our name in the league table.

Back