• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC talent salaries.

Nick Knowles earning more than the likes of Andrew Neil and Laura Kuenssburg. Go figure.

As long as there's plenty in this list to get the Daily Mail upset, that's the main thing.

If it's served one purpose that is just to prove what an absolute cockwomble Piers Morgan is.

Lauren Laverne earns 350k yet Mark Radcliffe is only on 250k.

Lauren Laverne is excruciating.

I don't care and quite frankly amazed that people do.

They probably pale in relation to those employed by ITV, Sky etc. Unnecessary **** stirring.

Last edited:
For a true comparison it should include the following:

ITV salaries
Film star salaries
Football salaries
Paul Dacre's salary

For a true comparison it should include the following:

ITV salaries
Film star salaries
Football salaries
Paul Dacre's salary

I'm not obliged to pay for any of those so I don't care.

I am legally obliged to pay the licence fee if I want to watch TV.

For me its about value for money, most of the BBC presenters are awful and many employed to fill equality quotas (eg Claire Balding who ticks two of those boxes!).

Surprised a radio presenter gets so much more, but who really cares?

He presents the most popular show on the most popular radio station in Europe. Plus he's Captain America. Lineker's salary is way more difficult to justify than Evans'.

But neither should be justifying anything. This whole thing is a political attack by a Government doing the bidding of an old Australian billionaire.

Hear hear Beefy. This tweet sums up my thoughts pretty well.

The Law Society Gazette's take on it:

BBC reveals top lawyer paid the same as Danny Dyer

It's cracking down on Catalunya-based ex-pats watching it without paying a licence fee that is the real issue.

I must admit I access the iPlayer from over in Ireland. I justify it to myself because I pay a license fee in Ireland for RTE which I don't receive, has adverts anyway, screens little other than BBC shows and is more than the BBC charge.

Lacey Turner who is apparently an actress in Eastenders gets paid more the Prime Minister. FFS! :nope:

Alex Jones and Matt Baker, complete pair of morons earn a combined salary IRO £900k :sad:

And the government say teachers earn a good salary and don't deserve more than a 1% pay increase, oh and work til 68 ! :angry:

And then there's Evans and Lineker - two of the biggest pair of ***** on air, but they deserve it don't they!

Lacey Turner who is apparently an actress in Eastenders gets paid more the Prime Minister. FFS! :nope:

Alex Jones and Matt Baker, complete pair of morons earn a combined salary IRO £900k :sad:

And the government say teachers earn a good salary and don't deserve more than a 1% pay increase, oh and work til 68 ! :angry:

And then there's Evans and Lineker - two of the biggest pair of ***** on air, but they deserve it don't they!

I was surprised at how much Chris Evans earnt but like him or hate him he gets over 9 million listeners a week, he is the top radio presenter in Europe I believe.

He is at the top of his profession, comparing him to a teacher is apples and oranges.

Plenty of footballers earn 5 times more than Evans as well, thats what you get for being in demand and the best at what you do.

Simon Cox gets paid more than the Prime Minister

Haha, brilliant.

A lot more too.

Back