• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Be careful on saturday

If everyone who has made an obscene and offensive hand gesture towards opposing fans were banned from football grounds then everyone would be playing in front of one man and his dog

That is an absolute shambles. Ben is one of my mates and it is a *****ing joke what is this justice system coming to? its bloody essex derby !!! what do you expect !!!

Would this happen in the merseyside derby ?? NO CHANCE
Would this happen in the manchester derby ?? NO CHANCE

And there is not one club in the whole of the league that would put familes in the most hostile part of the ground West stand block W near the away fans and the club put young familes in that area.

Does that mean Gary Neville will get banned from City of Manchester/Old Trafford for making obscene gestures towards Tevez?

That is an absolute shambles. Ben is one of my mates and it is a *****ing joke what is this justice system coming to? its bloody essex derby !!! what do you expect !!!

Would this happen in the merseyside derby ?? NO CHANCE
Would this happen in the manchester derby ?? NO CHANCE

And there is not one club in the whole of the league that would put familes in the most hostile part of the ground West stand block W near the away fans and the club put young familes in that area.

Just look at Gary Neville, giving Tevez the 'one fingure salute' last week. Will he be banned from all Man Utd games i wonder? Allowed nowhere near Old Trafford etc etc. Nope.

i think if we do score on Saturday i will just mutter a muted "yep" and keep my hands in my pocket. This is just so crazy, last night at Millwall at least a few thousand fans should have been arrested and a few hundred Southend fans too. This is not the first crazy incident at Southend and now the ball is rolling it won't be the last.

The mighty skoda man was threatened with eviction a few years ago for giving a hand gesture from the South Upper to the away fans in the North Bank. The stewards came up with the photo from the CCTV and gave him a severe bollocking, which seemed funny as the away fans probably couldn't even see him or his hand from right up the other end of the pitch. Pathetic.

If everyone who has made an obscene and offensive hand gesture towards opposing fans were banned from football grounds then everyone would be playing in front of one man and his dog

exactly what I said. I don't know the case. However most do it from far away. However if it was 2 blocks away inciting trouble and rioting then it is slightly different

I do it quite a bit . Have done for years. Its called banter. If the club wish to throw me out for it then so be it. I have never done it to start a riot an induce any kind of hatred , i have done because the away fans have been doing it for the same length of time and its just accepted. Would i walk down the road doing the same ? No

What next holding your hand up to be told you can go to the toilet by a steward.

Millwall were doing it all game and intimidating the ref/lino and it worked they got away with loads.

Why stick a load of families next to the only slightly intimidating part of the ground we have? There are generally 3-5 thousand other seats they could put them.

Pretty pathetic.

I can undesrtand it being an issue outside of the ground or at the station etc, but in the ground ?

Hmmn....

What a joke, this is an 18 year old lad at a local derby. Another example of the atmosphere at football being sanitised. I do it at every match and have never got in trouble except once at Crystal Palace where I was told off for making the w*nker sign.

At Orient a few years ago one of their morons near us was giving the "W" signs and a lot of our fans were getting really wound up by this prat and he was ejected and we all settled down after that, so I can understand the authorities not wanting rival fans being incited but bollocking someone 120 yards away is a bit rich.

This is pathetic,
so basicly we are not allowed to show no passion at football games now? they are trying to destroy this beautiful game!

Does this mean i can get every away fan that goes to roots hall banned because when i walk past them they sing what the f*****g hell is that. If people start getting banned for that then there will be no one at any match. Parents know what to expect at a football ground. At the end of the day hand gestures and swearing is only offensive if u chose it to be. When i went to brighton they kicked up a massive fuss about not making gay jokes but it was fine for them to call us pikeys?? The same with tottenham and jewish jokes. If we can be called pikeys why cant we reply. Does this mean mildy will get a football banning order for giving one of out fans the reply he deserves? ITS PATHETIC, if fans wanna have a bit of banter, let em

Back