• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bear attack at Berne Zoo

why the **** have they shot the poor ****ing bear

Obviously you have never owned a pet otherwise you wouldn't ask that question. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

If I was the man with the gun in a zoo with an otherwise excellent safety record I would have an extremely itchy trigger finger.

I would be looking forward to the day I get to shoot something in the same way airline staff look forward to having a go on those inflatable slides.

You can also pick up a new bear fairly cheaply but when visitors get chewed up gate receipts fall off.

Last edited:
They should shoot the ****ing journalists for exaggering so much **** in the papers. ****ing Journo's you either love them or hate them and I ****ing hate them!!!

They should shoot the ****ing journalists for exaggering so much **** in the papers. ****ing Journo's you either love them or hate them and I ****ing hate them!!!

Except Iain Mackintosh. He's like Woodward & Bernstien but in a stylish sports jacket.

obviously you have never owned a pet otherwise you wouldn't ask that question. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

If i was the man with the gun in a zoo with an otherwise excellent safety record i would have an extremely itchy trigger finger.

I would be looking forward to the day i get to shoot something in the same way airline staff look forward to having a go on those inflatable slides.

You can also pick up a new bear fairly cheaply but when visitors get chewed up gate receipts fall off.

poty!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously you have never owned a pet otherwise you wouldn't ask that question. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

If I was the man with the gun in a zoo with an otherwise excellent safety record I would have an extremely itchy trigger finger.

I would be looking forward to the day I get to shoot something in the same way airline staff look forward to having a go on those inflatable slides.

MC, as a man in the know I'd appreciate your input on this, so where does one go in they wish to acquire a bear for their menagerie? Feel free to PM me if you do not wish to make your contacts public.

On a separate (and unrelated note), I'm looking to acquire a stuffed bear in attack pose as a coat stand -
(a) Does anyone know what the Berne Zoo are doing with the bear?
(b) Is the bear in good condition? Was it a single shot for a clean kill, or was the bear felled by multiple shots like an innocent Brazilian electrician in a tube station?
(c) Does anyone have the phone number or the e-mail address of the zoo?

Cheers

Naaah , pay per view bear pit fights , excpet no declawing the bears . Any one who wants to go 3 minuites with the bears and any dogs are welcome

I'd imagine that people were throwing them at the bear to try to distract it.

As an occasional zoo visitor I find darts, large marbles or used spark plugs to be cheaper and more effective.

There is no way I am paying in excess of £30 for my children to be disappointed by sleeping animals.

Last edited:
Back