• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Being abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanCollymore

Striker
Came out of the ground at 5.50pm to be confronted by shouts from 2 or 3 20 something's of "what are you actually doing at this club?"and "that's why no supporters like you here ".

An utter disgrace the disrespect that was shown to someone who's only ever served this club with distinction and pride.

I fully understand and share official supporters group concerns about the club because WE SHARE THEM and do everything we can to mitigate decisions that have brought about significant historic and present issues.

Today will be the first and last time I'm abused at Roots Hall by anyone.

Stan Collymore

Last edited:
Came out of the ground at 5.50pm to be confronted by shouts from 3 or 3 20 something's of "what are you actually doing at this club?"and "that's why no supporters like you here ".

An utter disgrace the disrespect that was shown to someone who's only ever served this club with distinction and pride.

I fully understand and share official supporters group concerns about the club because WE SHARE THEM and do everything we can to mitigate decisions that have brought about significant historic and present issues.

Stan Collymore
Unfortunately there are idiots in every walk of life. Not nice, but thankfully they are in the minority.

Came out of the ground at 5.50pm to be confronted by shouts from 3 or 3 20 something's of "what are you actually doing at this club?"and "that's why no supporters like you here ".

Er
Stan Collymore
They are probably too young to remember the great service you gave this Club when you played. I am not condoning this for one second and would like these idiots to opoligse to you at the next home game. Feelings are running very high at the moment. True supporters of this club appreciate everything you have done, are doing and going to do.

How many were there Stan, you refer to "3 or 3 20"? Over 5,500 supporters there today, and you know as do we all, that there are always one or two degenerates

Agree almost entirely with your post Stan and on behalf of the vast majority who would agree this is unacceptable behaviour and appreciate you are doing your best for the club in what are very difficult circumstances for us all.

Although I am not sure how you can be certain this will not happen again as unfortunately there are often a few at football matches whose behaviour is questionable at best.

I have not let a chairman whose behaviour is beyond questionable stop me going to support the club I hope you will not be put off either.

Thanks for your efforts.

Stan Collymore
Happy New Stan,

There are far more supporters at the club that appreciate and recognise what you have done for us than these few idiots.

Next time, maybe ask them what more they expect you to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back