• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we sign Belford

• Total voters
In my opinion yes. Not to say I don't rate Morris, I do, just a pity he had that dodgy game against, was it Swindon? (Please correct me if I'm wrong) has been known.

Yes, I think the defence has looked stronger since he's been in goal. Apart from his ability in goal, he's certainly more vocal than Morris which I think helps the back four.

Yeah from having some banter with him at away games shouting I love him randomly the guy does have a bit of personality about him - I find morris more of a reserved individual

I feel confident when he's in goal so I'm sure the rest of the squad do. You can tell he has a lot of confidence. For a small guy he is very commanding of his area, wins plenty of high balls and is solid IMO. I think we have to sign him as a priority. One of the best keepers we've had in years I think!

I feel confident when he's in goal so I'm sure the rest of the squad do. You can tell he has a lot of confidence. For a small guy he is very commanding of his area, wins plenty of high balls and is solid IMO. I think we have to sign him as a priority. One of the best keepers we've had in years I think!

Got a bit of darryl about him?

Yes he is a stockier version of Darryl. Not the most convincing on crosses thats the only weakness but thats mainly due to his height. Very agile though and would be more than happy with him as number one next season with Glen as number 2.

Yes he is a stockier version of Darryl. Not the most convincing on crosses thats the only weakness but thats mainly due to his height. Very agile though and would be more than happy with him as number one next season with Glen as number 2.

But....

1. Would Glen play second fiddle?

2. Could we afford to keep Glen on?

Not sure we would keep 2 Goal keepers due to cost, and we should have a good look around before we rush in and sign one. Despite that Belford has done extremely well for us and if the price is right must be near the top of the short list for next season.

I would like to see him stay but hasn't he got another year on his contract at Bury ?

Yes. He's a great character as well as a keeper. Joins in with the banter with the fans and I love a keeper who time wastes, when it's on my side of course!

If we can afford them both Belford, has a good control of the area works well sign him up.

hahaha I wasn't expecting my 'unsure' to be the only vote that wasn't a 'yes'. Can't argue with that.

The only reason I put 'unsure' was that I'd personally try to sign Luke Daniels first. If we can't get him then yeah I'd want Belford to sign.

Other than being small, he's nothing like Darryl whatsoever.

Belford's decision-making and reading of the game is vastly superior and I like his style of keeping but I think we can find a better keeper out there. Daniels on a season long loan would certainly be nice.

Morris has been an absolute disaster and has cost us at least automatic promotion, if not the title. So whilst I vote no, signing Belford would still be a substantial upgrade.

Get Belford in. Release Morris if we can't afford him. Use the lax Emergency Goalkeeper rule if Belford gets injured.

Alot depends on who else we can get but fine for League 2 but would want/like someone else if we go up!

Morris has been an absolute disaster and has cost us at least automatic promotion, if not the title. So whilst I vote no, signing Belford would still be a substantial upgrade.

Wow...i'm certainly not Morris' biggest fan but that's incredibly harsh isn't it?

Wow...i'm certainly not Morris' biggest fan but that's incredibly harsh isn't it?

Not really. His form since replacing Daniels was shocking.

He cost us a string of goals which led to points being dropped (2 points at Plymouth springs to mind for starters) and undermined confidence in our defence. Was it the Swindon game when he was at fault for something like 3 of their 4 goals? Given how close we are going to be to missing out on automatic promotion, I think a keeper leaking goals like that qualifies as a disaster.

He was OK (but no more) at the start of the season but I've had absolutely no confidence in him this year - and I'm not sure our defence had either.

Belford's no world beater but what a breeze of fresh air he has been in comparison. That's more telling on Morris than Belford.

Back