• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bellamy's People

MK Shrimper

Striker
Discuss/Rant...

Did anyone see it? I Sky+d it with great expectations as it stars Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson and a whole load of comedy talent but it was really, really, really rubbish.

Oh the state of British comedy....... :thumbdown:

Whereas I'm loving Nurse Jackie (no, not that one)...superbly written, acted and very funny in parts.

Discuss/Rant...

Did anyone see it? I Sky+d it with great expectations as it stars Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson and a whole load of comedy talent but it was really, really, really rubbish.

Oh the state of British comedy....... :thumbdown:

Whereas I'm loving Nurse Jackie (no, not that one)...superbly written, acted and very funny in parts.

It dont work as well as the radio show i know that . Oddly i think the "presenter" ruined it would have been better if they had had Vic Reeves doing that part !

On the comedy subject, Ive been watching a few old Have I Got News for You's on Dave. Merton is a comedy genius.

Nutters with putters?

...and I thought this thread was going to be about tattoed, malevolent hunch-backs from South Wales! :stunned:

Bits of it were quite funny I thought - far worse on TV than that.
Out of interest anybody been watching Limmy's Show? Think it may only be on BBC2 Scotland but obviously anybody with Sky can tune into that too if they so wish (or watch it on the iPlayer)...

Jesus, no. Please.

My thoughts were the same when i started watching the firsrt one,ten mimutes off it went,cack cack cack,but i caught the last 5 mins with the wife and it was pure belly laughs.
Not up its own backside just stupid laughs and the love was born,not every one was a classic but there were enough laughs in each one to make it watchable and lookforwardtoable.

Meh, Series one of Spaced is repeated tonight on Dave. Sky+ set for truly genius comedy programme.

When you look at the repeats on Dave, Gold or stuff like Dads Army that was on over xmas, you realise just how bad the current output of the BBC is. They have no clue about how to make good programmes anymore.

Got Spaced series 1 and 2 from HMV for £5 so will watch that tonight :finger:

I thought we weren't going to publish any details of our post TV appearance purchases for fear of letting the cat out of the bag in how much we "potentially, maybe, perhaps did or didn't, honest Mr BBC Lawyer Man..." won? :p

You think that's bad? Then don't watch 'The Persuassionists'

Dear God...

I don't think British comedy is all doom and gloom at the moment. HIGNFY has had a new lease of life these last two years, Peep Show returned with the best series since 2, The Thick Of It was mightily impressive and Brooker's Newswipe has been great fun.

I also have just found some gems this year I'd not seen before, like Saxondale (Coogan's character acting is awesome), Nighty Night (darkly delicious) and Time Trumpet (like a rejuvenated and topical Day Today).

Back