• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
Few people saying on twitter that Ben Coker told a section of the east stand to 'F**k off' after a issue over something. Can anyone fill me in on what actually happened or if there is any truth in this? I know some 'fans' can get on players backs at times but if this true I shall be disappointed.

Not very professional if true, the players are quick to lap up praise and the positive limelight....at times they will get a negative reaction, as they are the Professionals and not the Punter they should not rise to the fans.

All this myth and **** about players fearing to play at home, jeez it's time to man up - how would these precious players deal with playing for the likes of Millwall, Leeds etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be some truth in it as he tweeted this '@bencoker24: Myself and the team are very frustrated with the end result today and I apologise if my comments after the game offended any of the fans' This obviously doesn't tell us what he said and he may not have said f*** off but you'd assume it was something alone those lines if he feels the need to apologise.

He must have been taking some abuse to feel the need to retaliate which i think he is entitled to do because he didn't deserve any abuse and neither did any of the other players because the tactics were at fault for us throwing it away today.

If people want to abuse the players to the extent that it effects them this much then they deserve to have the players give it back to them because the players don't want to listen to people constantly spouting negative **** and i'm sure other fans around you don't want to hear it either.

Someone posted on here earlier, I believe a guy in the East Greens was giving the players a mouthful at full time, especially after the free kick at the end of the game was played short etc. Coker took exception and told the guy to do one etc

Must be some truth in it as he tweeted this '@bencoker24: Myself and the team are very frustrated with the end result today and I apologise if my comments after the game offended any of the fans' This obviously doesn't tell us what he said and he may not have said f*** off but you'd assume it was something alone those lines if he feels the need to apologise.

He must have been taking some abuse to feel the need to retaliate which i think he is entitled to do because he didn't deserve any abuse and neither did any of the other players because the tactics were at fault for us throwing it away today.

If people want to abuse the players to the extent that it effects them this much then they deserve to have the players give it back to them because the players don't want to listen to people constantly spouting negative **** and i'm sure other fans around you don't want to hear it either.

Yeah, I saw that tweet as well.

Someone posted on here earlier, I believe a guy in the East Greens was giving the players a mouthful at full time, especially after the free kick at the end of the game was played short etc. Coker took exception and told the guy to do one etc

Yes I believe thats right, that this was the section it was aimed at.

Few people saying on twitter that Ben Coker told a section of the east stand to 'F**k off' after a issue over something. Can anyone fill me in on what actually happened or if there is any truth in this? I know some 'fans' can get on players backs at times but if this true I shall be disappointed.

The issue was that we were in the last minute of added on time and we won a free kick in front of the east stand. Instead of pumping it into the box we arsed around and played the ball to coker eventually and then the ref blew the whistle. One voice in particular could be heard but most were annoyed we didn't put it in the box straight away.

This does not take away from some idiot shouting constantly at Brown about his negativity and getting what we deserved trying to hold onto the lead.

Coker should apologise. I was in East Greens, and rightfully the crowd were ****ed off that rather than get it into the box we played it right. His frustration spilled over and that's fine with an apology. The fans were frustrated second half as we sat deep and threw away three points. Not for the first time this season or last.

That was exactly what he said.

Good luck to Coker. Why should he not have the chance to say something back? If somebody was screaming abuse at me at my work, I would tell them to **** off too.

Fans can say what they like but a player replies to the criticism and they are up in arms. Pathetic.

What was Timlin doing coming short and calling for the ball...? Undoubtedly if he hadn't raced towards Coker, the ball wouldn't have been played short and we would have had one last gasp to get the ball in the box and who knows...? However in the final seconds between them they gave the ref (who I thought had a fairly decent game) the opportunity to blow.

Not very professional if true, the players are quick to lap up praise and the positive limelight....at times they will get a negative reaction, as they are the Professionals and not the Punter they should not rise to the fans.

All this myth and cr@p about players fearing to play at home, jeez it's time to man up - how would these precious players deal with playing for the likes of Millwall, Leeds etc

He did....he told some gobby idiot to F*** off.....fine by me

I saw Ben, shortly after the altercation, look up to the same area and hold an apologetic hand up it seemed to me.

We all say and do things in the heat of battle that we regret shortly after.

I don't think Ben's done much wrong, IMHO.

Domestics kept me away yesterday, so I'm reliant on what folk say on here. If Ben offered up the foxtrot Oscar to abusive fans and apologised afterwards, then it shows he cares. It's not a big deal it seems to me and maybe it's time to move on here before the thread becomes long and silly.

All this myth and cr@p about players fearing to play at home, jeez it's time to man up - how would these precious players deal with playing for the likes of Millwall, Leeds etc

Swap the word "players" for "fans" and I would agree with you. I am always amazed that supporters seem to think it is always okay to continually abuse players but are the first to complain if a player reacts.

Fans have a dig,Cokes gave it back.

At best score draw,still think some of our fans are absolute cretins.

I saw Ben, shortly after the altercation, look up to the same area and hold an apologetic hand up it seemed to me.

We all say and do things in the heat of battle that we regret shortly after.

I don't think Ben's done much wrong, IMHO.

Are you sure it wasn't a two fingered hand:winking:

Typical East stand,you just don't get any of this type of language or behaviour in the West.In fact Cokes is considered to being gentleman of great repute....Jolly spiffing footballer I'd say!

Back