• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame the interview was in a Bury rag rather than the Evening Echo

I think that's Bury St Edmunds rather than Bury "oop North", which sounds as if it's his local paper, so no surprise that they would be reporting on a local boy.

I think that's Bury St Edmunds rather than Bury "oop North", which sounds as if it's his local paper, so no surprise that they would be reporting on a local boy.

True. Would be nice for his teams fans to see it though. Perhaps Mr.Jeeves could get an interview with him

My son also has type 1 diabetes brought on by shock, he was diagnosed on his 23rd birthday. He has found the life change hard to accept as up until then he was 'normal'.

He has to inject himself 4 times per day and is up most nights eating Jaffa cakes or drinking sports drinks as he has regular hypo's.

He plays Sunday League football and tries not to let it beat him, but I know that secretly he worries (as do I) about the long term affects that this will have on him.

Well done Ben for 'getting on with it!'

My son also has type 1 diabetes brought on by shock, he was diagnosed on his 23rd birthday. He has found the life change hard to accept as up until then he was 'normal'.

He has to inject himself 4 times per day and is up most nights eating Jaffa cakes or drinking sports drinks as he has regular hy

He plays Sunday League football and tries not to let it beat him, but I know that secretly he worries (as do I) about the long term affects that this will have on him.

Sorry to hear your son is struggling but tell him once he gets himself under control the his life will be near normal but only he can do it,took me 15 years but then im a bit slow like that.

I have type 1 diebetic too, I only have to inject in morning and after 6pm, twice a day. Good on you Ben.

Ben presented my wife, who led team out, with ball after the Burton play off home game and considering what he must have been feeling, like the rest of us, gutted, he was charming and an all round perfect gent, wish him all the best.

Top bloke

Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

My daughter and I are both diabetic. The best thing I done was went on a DAFNE course (adults only) and following that enables my daughter to carb count which enables her to have better control and eat what she wants when she wants it just means taking another injection does he carb count? If not I highly recommend it.

He has to inject himself 4 times per day and is up most nights eating Jaffa cakes or drinking sports drinks as he has regular hypo's.

I was diagnosed with type1 when I was 30-knew I ought to go to the doctor when I lost a stone overnight!-but have led a very active life (5 injections daily) ever since.Even at my age I still play competitive squash 2 or 3 times a week and football (a full 90 mins,full-back or midfield if required)in the Southend Veterans' League....by the way,I'm 66.

Back