• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
I was at the south end and bias, obviously, but was it a straight red in your opinion and therefore, should we appeal?

Defo worth an appeal. We really have nothing to lose.

From the West where I was, in line with the area (almost), whilst I thought the guy went down easily, it was a free kick (we would have fumed if it wasnt given to us), however I feel he went down because Bolger was right beside him, meaning that Coker was not the last man.

Appeal therefore worth it IMO

If we appeal and lose does an extra game ban get added on. And if we were to end up in the playoffs (which of course will never happen) we could be without Coker at Wembley.

Several of the Luton players were diving every opportunity, this guy went down easily but I had no problem with a free kick. Ben wasn't the last defender nor was it a goal scoring opportunity. Definitely worth an appeal, nothing to lose.

John Still said in his interview on BBC Sport website the sending of was harsh must be worth an appeal.

At the time I thought it was harsh, and having seen it again I still think it was harsh.

I have just re run it on the FL show, barely touched , if he did ut was with his hand as he fell behind the player.
The player then took several more strides befoe deciding to go down.
in real time it looks dubious in slow motion its ridiculous

The trouble is that being a wrong decision in our eyes doesn't mean that we will get it turned around. I think we are stuffed on the Coker front and need to plan accordingly. A great shame as he was showing the sort of top form that we know he was capable of. If we appeal and are unsuccessful please don't bring in JBW Phil, my nerves won't take it, keep Prosser there

Was a free kick, and on most days probably would just have attracted 'a word' from the ref, and a yellow if unlucky. the Luton player deserved an Oscar for his part in the performance as there was minimal contact, there was no cynical intent, he wasn't the last man, it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity and the faltering few steps and the dive conned the ref into one of his several appalling decisions. I though the ref lost it completely after that, and was wondering at one point who else was going to be joining Coker in the bath!

the red was harsh, and there is a good chance that it will be rescinded on appeal. Poor Coker was in tears as he left the field.

The decision changed the game, and in some respects may have allowed us the opportunity for the win, as we had nothing to lose. Prosser did well at LB, so at least we have solid cover if Coker is serving a suspension at Morecombe, and if necessary in the play offs.

Watched it last night on the FLS, and in my opinion, it was never a red. For starters it looked slightly suspicious as to their player being offside, but it was hard to tell from the replays. Coker wasn't the last man, but even so, it didn't look like his tackle was malicious enough to warrant a red card. Not so sure it was a free kick either, as watching it back in slow motion, their player goes over after taking a couple of steps before falling to the ground. Just glad it didn't cost us the game, definitely worth an appeal though.

OK so here's the scenario as I see it.

One match ban if we don't appeal.
Appeal fails - 2 matches.
Appeal succeeds - no ban.

Is that right?

Should not appeal in my opinion. The only basis for an appeal to the referee's decision is one of mistaken identity. The referee deemed that Coker denied their player 'a goalscoring opportunity' when he committed the foul. Rightly or wrongly, that was the decision at the time and we will just have to live with it. Any appeal runs the risk of being deemed frivolous (which I'm sure it would be) and will result in an extra ban for Coker.

Several of the Luton players were diving every opportunity, this guy went down easily but I had no problem with a free kick. Ben wasn't the last defender nor was it a goal scoring opportunity. Definitely worth an appeal, nothing to lose.

That is exactly how I saw it although at the time I actually said to my son - I reckon the ref might well send him off here. Bit harsh IMHO

OK so here's the scenario as I see it.

One match ban if we don't appeal.
Appeal fails - 2 matches.
Appeal succeeds - no ban.

Is that right?
am pretty sure an unsuccessful appeal does't double the sentence.

Yellow card all day long for me .But as stated on most of previous posts .Coker was not the last man nor was it a clear goal scoring opportunity .Not a red card ref got it wrong as he got many things wrong yesterday . Hope we get a good fair ref for Morecombe .Ie Trevor kettle .

If we appeal and lose does an extra game ban get added on. And if we were to end up in the playoffs (which of course will never happen) we could be without Coker at Wembley.

If an extra game ban was added he would still be available for the final, a red card is a ONE match ban unless it was shown for violent conduct (3 match ban). It's rare to get an extra 1 match ban on appeal. It was designed to stop clubs deliberately appealing red cards in circumstances when appeals were heard after the teams next game, say a player got sent off on Saturday and the appeal was heard on a Wednesday but the club had a game on a Tuesday the club would appeal so player would be available for the Tuesday.

Yellow card all day long for me .But as stated on most of previous posts .Coker was not the last man nor was it a clear goal scoring opportunity .Not a red card ref got it wrong as he got many things wrong yesterday . Hope we get a good fair ref for Morecombe .Ie Trevor kettle .

I'm sure Carlisle would feel the same! :winking:

Straight red is 3 games for violent conduct, isn't it?

(Oops - beaten to it!)

Last edited:
I was right level with the incident in the east yellows. Firstly Coker did try to pull the lad back, secondly he did clip the lads ankle but not sure that it was deliberate more that Coker had lost his balance. Was it a foul yes, was it a dive no, was it a clear goal scoring opportunity no, therefore it should be a yellow certainly not a red.

Back