• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benno

Havent seen him play in a while, but I think he'd have the attributes needed for most clubs at this level and somewhere like Lincoln would be ideal.

Good player!

I really liked Benno when he played for us,always gave hundred percent and weighed in with some very useful goals as well.One of my favourite of our ex players

I really liked Benno when he played for us,always gave hundred percent and weighed in with some very useful goals as well.One of my favourite of our ex players

Indeed. I think a big failing on Tilly's part was not keeping the core of the promotion winning team together in the Championship.

Indeed. I think a big failing on Tilly's part was not keeping the core of the promotion winning team together in the Championship.

Yep you are definitely right there.
Could have kept most of that squad!
I think we were all just to scared of the big names, and we didn't really know what to expect, I wish we remained honest and kept most of the League 1 winning squad!

Yep you are definitely right there.
Could have kept most of that squad!
I think we were all just to scared of the big names, and we didn't really know what to expect, I wish we remained honest and kept most of the League 1 winning squad!

agree 100%. one of Tilson big mistakes letting Benno go cracking player

agree 100%. one of Tilson big mistakes letting Benno go cracking player

Glad to see you don't disagree with absolutely everything I say!
:winking:

Could do with Benno to cover our bench, but I suspect that he wants to go and play football and not sit on somebody else's bench!

Glad to see you don't disagree with absolutely everything I say!
:winking:

Could do with Benno to cover our bench, but I suspect that he wants to go and play football and not sit on somebody else's bench!

I dont disagree with everything you say but most things
I dont know you and am sure your very passionate about blues but you cannot have everyone the same as you as believe me i was like you about 20 years ago

In fairness Benno was offered another contract but turned it down.

I dont disagree with everything you say but most things
I dont know you and am sure your very passionate about blues but you cannot have everyone the same as you as believe me i was like you about 20 years ago

Fair enough, I'm sure we'd get on well, as we have one big important thing in common!
Don't mind if you disagree with me at all.

In fairness Benno was offered another contract but turned it down.

Did he? Don't remember that, where did he go straight after? Gillingham?

Yeah, we offered Benno a one-year deal but Gillingham offered him a two-year one so he went there instead.

Well, that was a mistake. I reckon if we'd have kept Benno, Gray, etc we'd have survived the Championship season and currently be battling Spurs & Chelsea for that glorious 4th in the Prem. :unsure:

Back