• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley to go back to Dagenham

Ahhh Degenham Kev bless him now if anybodys got a problem with him they will have to get past me first! why? well kev has alot of mental problems being locked up for them aswell! this man lives and dies for football 53 matches he has been to this season all round essex fair comment Kev trys to always get his point across even though some are VERY well frowned upon but to his credit he is Southend through and through so if he does upset any of you please think that hes harmless, a moth could get the better of him! so just take his comments with a pinch of salt.

cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kim Mitten @ Nov. 07 2005,22:54)]That was classic, I was sitting two away from him in all that moment of madness, remember a load of guys wouldn't get off the train they were so entertained.

Thought his best lines were about how he hadn't paid to get into Barnet cos he had special tickets and that he only comes to watch games cos he gets in free!

we are 1 goal wonders, Webb should still be manager, Eastwood will go back to Grays when they are in the league, Bentley is back off to Dagenham and apparently we are doomed to the conference after xmas.

Was pure entertainment.
Also he trotted out some bizzare lines about all our support being thugs and the club having a racism problem because we have no Asian players!!!!

The two girls opposite him seemed to be enjoying it all though.
Kim,

I must have been sitting right by you. My old man was next to him and I was next to my old man.

So funny - You also missed Southend set to merge with Southend Manor, Tilson is rubbish as he wont make subs & Burnham Ramblers were better than us.

Personal highlight for me though was when he said the shrimpers bar was full of yobos and he implied that Terry Jeffereys was Southends top boy.....

Comedy Kev......Oh and No red trousers sadly this week.

Dts

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 08 2005,12:17)]Ahhh Degenham Kev bless him now if anybodys got a problem with him they will have to get past me first! why? well kev has alot of mental problems being locked up for them aswell! this man lives and dies for football 53 matches he has been to this season all round essex fair comment Kev trys to always get his point across even though some are VERY well frowned upon but to his credit he is Southend through and through so if he does upset any of you please think that hes harmless, a moth could get the better of him! so just take his comments with a pinch of salt.

cheers
Yep he is harmless enough just very hard work if you have to sit next to him for 90 minutes.

A few years ago I sat next to him during the Canvey game at Roots Hall and he drove me to distraction!

Still he does seem to genuinely care about the Shrimpers even though a lot of his comments are quite negative.

Along the same line - Got to underhill at 2.40 after a few sherbets in the Red Lion.

I had booked 4 seats in row B. Got to my seats and only 2 were free. Due to past experience feared the worst. Checked with my mate and his 5 year old daugheter and we all had correct tickets, so I asked the bloke and his mrs if they had the right seats.

The bloke who had a slight hunchback and the woman was unusual looking said "No, Our seats are at the back but were scared of heights" - Now I can understand if you in the San Siro or Nou Camp but underhill cant be more than 8 steps high.

Had a right old battle to get them out my seats. They said cant 2 of us sit at the back and I said No as we booked seats together for a reason. Took 15 mins to finally kick them out before they sat in the front row nicking someone elses seasts no doubt.......
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 08 2005,11:48)]Where does he sit at Roots Hall??
Not sure where hes sits, but he goes in the Groundmans at half time, Everyone seems to like him...

Personnally I think hes a really funny.. Especally if we are losing .... hes the Half time entertaiment in bar and gives us all a good Laugh

Come on guys the Blokes harmless... Hey but dont fancy sitting 90 mins next to him......

Never Lose the Faith

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

I heard some fella shouting out "come on lets not be one goal wonders" constantly on the terraces near half way line there. Is there more than one of him if he was in the seating too?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,12:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kim Mitten @ Nov. 07 2005,22:54)]That was classic, I was sitting two away from him in all that moment of madness, remember a load of guys wouldn't get off the train they were so entertained.

Thought his best lines were about how he hadn't paid to get into Barnet cos he had special tickets and that he only comes to watch games cos he gets in free!

we are 1 goal wonders, Webb should still be manager, Eastwood will go back to Grays when they are in the league, Bentley is back off to Dagenham and apparently we are doomed to the conference after xmas.

Was pure entertainment.
Also he trotted out some bizzare lines about all our support being thugs and the club having a racism problem because we have no Asian players!!!!

The two girls opposite him seemed to be enjoying it all though.
Kim,

I must have been sitting right by you. My old man was next to him and I was next to my old man.

So funny - You also missed Southend set to merge with Southend Manor, Tilson is rubbish as he wont make subs & Burnham Ramblers were better than us.

Personal highlight for me though was when he said the shrimpers bar was full of yobos and he implied that Terry Jeffereys was Southends top boy.....

Dts
I was one of the lads having the chat with him about Southend and the club, and iv never heard anything like it.

He is one special guy..

You also missed out that he said that we were the worst team in Essex, and that Dagenham ladies could beat us!!
biggrin.gif

PaTo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,12:22)]Kim,

Dts
yeah i think i spoke with you and your dad as we walked from the northern line to the central at tottenham court road, i was on the same side of the train as you.

your dad was saying he's harmless just very hard work.

You should try sitting behind him as I did for about three years in the East Reds. He was so funny it was stopping me watching the football,unfortunatley some people took exception to his coments and he sadly moved elsewhere. Luckily I can still catch up with his half-time analysis in the Bar at half time. A true legend

did you ever see him pay to get in though?

i'd love to know where he gets these 'free special tickets' for train travel and home and away games he talks about.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 08 2005,18:01)]What does he look like? Has he got a tash?
yeah a tash of sorts....

agree with the above, he's great comedy value in small doses - a few seasons back In the Shrimpers one evening as I recall it was the season Daggers got pipped at the final post for promotion so he was getting a lot of banter.

however, on the other hand at West Ham last season I got stuck right next to him and he spent the whole of the first half abusing Bart. It got to the stage where it was getting heated as Trevor Bashford and a few others nearby were really getting wound up by him to the point where one guy told him to button it and five minutes later when he was still carrying on about Bart, this other guy started trying to rip Dag'Kevs Southend shirt off as he didn't think he was fit to wear our colours.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,12:22)]Personal highlight for me though was when he said the shrimpers bar was full of yobbos and he implied that Terry Jeffereys was Southends top boy.....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yes, that Jeffreys... he's a live-wire, a real nutter... keep an eye out for him...

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Back