• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is based on?

QPR were apparently the club who made a bid on deadline day, so is your information based on anything or just gossip based on what happened then ?

This is tripe as reported in that well know reliable publication......Sunday People. I rest my case.

I think they have enough back up after signing Alex McCarthy from Reading before deadline day

Because the Championship is a higher league than League 2 and he would be paid more money. Perhaps.

We won't get promoted?

Bentley strikes me as a player that would only move if he could get a starting, or regular spot and rightly so. Highly talented.

Championship is higher than League 1 as well...

No doubt but there is nothing stopping Bentley staying here if we got promoted to try and get us promoted to the Championship, which isn't impossible should we go up.

I saw Ex Shrimper Martyn Margetson walking into the stadium Saturday, he is the goalkeeping coach for West Ham's first team - would seem that he was having a watch too!!!

If QPR came in for Bentley and he had any chance of progression into the first team in a season or so then he would no doubt jump at the chance.

Right now he isnt going to get that, another season with us will do him far more good than going there and not even getting on the bench.

The hammers would be a good move for say 800k upfront and add ons and a season loan back. It's that kind of deal we should be looking at.

Keeping clean sheets and playing well benefits him and us and is solely what he should be focussing on.

West Ham would be a good move for Bentley next season. Jaaskelainen's likely to be on his way out and while Adrian will certainly remain #1, there's only really the young Swiss kid in contention who's their U21 'keeper at the club. He's supposed to be quite decent though.

qpr had a bid of 400 rejected already

Pounds? Wow. Personally I can't see Ron letting him go for less than £500 even if we (S.U.F.C.) had financial problems.

And whilst I have no particular link to Ron (or Phil) but if he (Bentley) does leave I would be very surprised if it wasn't £1,000 or even more .................:whistling:

Back