• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

msankey

Schoolboy
News article in Echo about a few clubs (QPR, Notts Forest, Bristol City, Millwall) have enquired about Bentley ahead of the January transfer. Phil states he has a battle on his hands to keep him. Do you think any of these will turn Dan's head?

He's bound to leave sooner or later, I think it's a question of whether it's January or next summer. Would be great if we can keep hold of him for the rest of the season or at least sell him and loan him back.

Be honest, and I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread as I do like him and he will one day make us a good bit of money but has his form this season genuinely warranted a move yet?

Be honest, and I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread as I do like him and he will one day make us a good bit of money but has his form this season genuinely warranted a move yet?

Perhaps it is not for us to say ......... a player is worth what someone is willing to pay?

If another club (or clubs) come splashing some cash, I'm not sure Brown will say "don't be silly - Dan hasn't played that well for us this season - what about you looking elsewhere".

Dan should be ambitious and want to go to a club where he is going to be number 1. Forest would make a lot of sense as Darlow goes off to Newcastle next summer and it could be that he signs there and stays here till the end of the season.

A decent Championship club will offer him a substantial rise in wages I'd guess and whilst I really don't think his motivation would be financial, football is a short career and he needs to think about that.

Whatever happens, he should try to ensure that he will be playing. If he moves to a club where is isn't number 1, he should do what he can to ensure he goes out on loan.

You've got to think will he want to move up north too? He seems to be settled in a long term relationship, will she move up there with him? Or will it be a case of looking for a club closer like QPR or Wet Spam?

Thats only because QPR were named as the team in the last window.

I'd be surprised if he left in January, and surprised if he doesnt leave in the summer..

QPR would be the worst move for him of those clubs suggested IMO, doubt he'd play and would be brought very much as a second keeper.

I called it the day Darlow signed for Newcastle. He'll go to Forest and be loaned back till the end of the season.

QPR would be the worst move for him of those clubs suggested IMO, doubt he'd play and would be brought very much as a second keeper.

If he was lucky, they have Rob Green as number 1 and Alex McCarthy as number 2.

If he was lucky, they have Rob Green as number 1 and Alex McCarthy as number 2.

QPR aren't the kind of club to put trust in an unexperienced player either (I mean unexperienced at a higher level). Should those ahead of him go the likelihood is that they will be replaced and he won't get a shot at the first team.

You've got to think will he want to move up north too? He seems to be settled in a long term relationship, will she move up there with him? Or will it be a case of looking for a club closer like QPR or Wet Spam?

Yeah no one in the history of the world has relocated 200 miles for work.

Southend United manager Phil Brown: I will have to fight to keep Daniel Bentley at cl

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown believes the Shrimpers will have a fight on their hands to keep goalkeeper Daniel Bentley at the club beyond the January transfer window.

More...

Back