• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Berlin

ShrimperChris

First XI
Going on a 3 night trip to Berlin in November this year, never been before but I'm sure many on here have so any advice would be appreciated.

As me and the other half are only going for the 3 nights we probably wont get round to seeing everything there is to see, so a heads up of any highlights to look out for would be great. Also not sure how many Euros to take and what we should expect to pay for meals while we're out there.

Any help/advice/tips would be great!

Went for three nights about eighteen months ago and really enjoyed our visit to the city.
We did the free walking tour of the city (off course a tip is expected) on our first day to get our bearings and confirm what we wanted to re-visit out off the main sights in the city centre.
Not sure if they are at home when you visit but I would certainly recommend a visit to the Olympic stadium to see Hertha Berlin play as tickets are cheap and the atmosphere is absolutely brilliant

Just had a quick look and we go home the day before Hertha play Leverkusen at home. Didn't think that through very well lol!

Had a look at the free walking tour online and looks pretty good. What's the route like for that? The other half has knee problems and lots of walking, especially in cold weather, can cause problems. May do the hop on hop off bus tour instead, as we did in Barcelona a few years ago and found it a great way of seeing the sights.

Just had a quick look and we go home the day before Hertha play Leverkusen at home. Didn't think that through very well lol!

Had a look at the free walking tour online and looks pretty good. What's the route like for that? The other half has knee problems and lots of walking, especially in cold weather, can cause problems. May do the hop on hop off bus tour instead, as we did in Barcelona a few years ago and found it a great way of seeing the sights.

Chris,
In Barcelona you need to hop on/off the tour bus to see the city properly.Walking around Berlin's city centre is an easy stroll in comparison.Even with knee problems it should be a breeze.

When abouts are you going in November? The Xmas markets in Germany are a must according to my sister who has been there a fair bit. Think they open on the 25th this year

Going 19th til 22nd so I think we just miss most of the winter markets, but I think there is one going on while we're there which we want to check out.

I would stay in what was the West as the East is a bit grim. The Berlin Beer bikes are a good laugh and a good way to see the City. There are a few decent beers halls around. The Brandenburg Gate and WW II memorial are both close to each other and worth a visit. Make sure you try a snitzel.

Back