• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best British Sitcom

Best British Sitcom - Who do you want to win?

• Only Fools and Horses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackadder

• Fawlty Towers

• Yes Minister

• Dads Army

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The Good Life

• Open all Hours

• Porridge

• Vicar of Dibley

• One Foot in the Grave

• Total voters
hmmmmmm. I stand corrected.

Said the man in the Orthopedic shoes. [/Partridge]

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 22 2004,13:13)]hmmmmmm. I stand corrected.

Said the man in the Orthopedic shoes. [/Partridge]
biggrin.gif
I've got the box set, and you can tell where the adverts were....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 22 2004,13:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 22 2004,13:15)]I've got the box set, and you can tell where the adverts were....
If you mean MBB Steve, I agree with you there.Shoddy editing by the production company
Yeah, first series is awful, theres about a 3 second pause, second series is not as bad but you can still tell where the adverts should have been...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 22 2004,13:25)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 22 2004,13:15)]I've got the box set, and you can tell where the adverts were....
If you mean MBB Steve, I agree with you there.Shoddy editing by the production company
Yeah, first series is awful, theres about a 3 second pause, second series is not as bad but you can still tell where the adverts should have been...
It did'nt help that ITV played a bit of music as they went into/out of the ads, so you get a 2 second burst then complete silence, then another 2 second burst.

Anyway, still my fave sitcom.........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 22 2004,13:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 22 2004,13:25)]
[b said:
[b said:
It did'nt help that ITV played a bit of music as they went into/out of the ads, so you get a 2 second burst then complete silence, then another 2 second burst.

Anyway, still my fave sitcom.........
I'd forgotten about the music.....
laugh.gif

Its my favourite too, you got the boxset? That was a good investment, I've even got the Jingle balls xmas special!

I've got series 3-6 on tape. Picked them up in Virgin for a couple of quid each I think.

For me it was a banker for the top ten. Can't believe it only made the mid-teens.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 22 2004,13:34)]I've got series 3-6 on tape. Picked them up in Virgin for a couple of quid each I think.

For me it was a banker for the top ten. Can't believe it only made the mid-teens.
Perhaps ITV still own some of the rights and could have demanded payment for showing it? As stated earlier.

rock.gif

I have them all on ( proper ) video, except the last series which I thought was the worst ( Debs & Tony getting together, Gary & Dorothy getting married - do me a favour! ), have that "taped off the telly".
Yeah, got the Jingle Balls and the Last Orders vids as well............

Yeah they kinda ran out of ideas for series 6, still funny but not in keeping with 3, 4 and 5.

GARY: Another oyster mate?

TONY: No thanks mate, they disagree with me...

GARY(holding up an oyster and imitating the voice): No we don't !

Class!
laugh.gif

Debs : Where did you get that enormous fish?!?

Tony : ( clearly struggling with a hangover ) I don't KNOW!!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING?

class..........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 23 2004,10:32)]Debs : Where did you get that enormous fish?!?

Tony : ( clearly struggling with a hangover )  I don't KNOW!!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING?

class..........
Indeed. Although the 2 best episodes are "Drunk" and "Home-Made Sauna"

Bed? Beds are for sleepy people! Let's get a kebab and go to a disco!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 23 2004,11:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 23 2004,10:32)]Debs : Where did you get that enormous fish?!?

Tony : ( clearly struggling with a hangover )  I don't KNOW!!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING?

class..........

If he comes home and tells me he loves me he's drunk, if he's singing he's really drunk, if he comes home singing he loves me, i'm really in trouble.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 23 2004,11:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 23 2004,11:20)]
[b said:

class..........

If he comes home and tells me he loves me he's drunk, if he's singing he's really drunk, if he comes home singing he loves me, i'm really in trouble.....
Debs- I f***ing love you!

Tony: Two girls like you in a pub like this, to me that spells D A N G E R

Girl (played by Tamzin Outhwaite, fact fans): The reason we're here is M A R L B O R O

Pause..........

Gary: Middlesborough?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 23 2004,12:16)]Les : we're intorducing a new scheme, like air miles, called Lager miles. Complimentry gherkin?
You laugh - they did this in a pub I used to drink in, for every £25 (or something) you spent you got a free pint, they gave you a card which they would put in a machine and it topped up the pint on the card, when it was full you got your free one!
biggrin.gif

Back