• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Holiday

Cricko2

While we on this subject of choices .What was your best Holiday and why.

For Me... Oct 1987 Approx.... I Know we Missed the Typhoon here.... Kenya...Funny enough on somebody elses Honeymoon.Long b4 it was spoilt by the Huge Hotels it has now .... It changed me forever ...Seeing the huge differences in life between Nairobi and the Masai Marra and then Mombassa... And my Son was conceived there.

Two stick out for me

Skye for a week in 94/5 - brushing up on my Gaelic - great scenery, friendly people, great nights out. Only con was 18 hours on the coach to get there

Malia for 2 weeks in 99 - I;d just accepted a job and was starting right after the holiday, so I could really relax. Me and a few mates - up at 10am, breakfast by the pool, down to the beach or cinema, slow drinking throughout the day, then dinner at 6, followed by spirits back in the room and a few hands of cards before hitting the clubs at midnight. back at 5, for 5 hours kip. Repeat 14 nights. Our photo is still up in one of the Irish bars. I still reminisce about ZigZag.

:)

Japan, 2003. I'd always wanted to go, and I wasn't disappointed in any way. We got to ski, went to an Onsen, amazing food, spell-binding cherry-blossom of Kyoto, incredible temples, stunning scenery, wonderful history, fantastic hospitality, drinking & karaoke in Osaka, and the first big long holiday I'd been on with my missus - so that was very cool as well. In fact, the only thing missing was a sumo basho - unfortunately, there isn't a big basho in April - but we'll see one of those next time!

:D

While we on this subject of choices .What was your best Holiday and why.

For Me... Oct 1987 Approx.... I Know we Missed the Typhoon here.... Kenya...Funny enough on somebody elses Honeymoon.Long b4 it was spoilt by the Huge Hotels it has now .... It changed me forever ...Seeing the huge differences in life between Nairobi and the Masai Marra and then Mombassa... And my Son was conceived there.

:mad: I thought I already told you lot not to get me started on Kenya! :mad: :D

Me and Mrs DtS of the time went to Brazil for 10 days in 2001.

It was without doubt the best place I had been 4 days in Natal and 6 days in Recife and I fell in love with the place.

Mrs DtS and I were newly going out and it was that stage where you really have fallen for the person. Even her getting stung below the eye and looking like the elephant man couldnt stop me humping her 4 times a day.

Last day was the Friday - We were due to land at 10am on the saturday at LGW for Harletpool at home. I worked out that I could still get to the Hall in time for the much awaiting debut of a soon to be star called Barrington Belgrave.

Sadly Bin Laden and his boys got wind of my plan to go to the game and decided to attack America the day we were due to fly. We got 4 days extra free of charge in brazil which delighted the mrs. I was just gutted to miss the dreadlocked warriors debut.

DtS

Ner Ner Js.........Funny story. I had been in the Indian Ocean...Which I add is like a warm bath .although it starts on a reef. I collected some great shells. Having put them on the Veranda of the bungalow we aquired for this Holiday .maybe to dry out...God knows how we think that....... I awoke to a travesty in life ..............My hard work and shells had vanished..Pesky local tribe of Trainers nicking kids I thought. Hmmm.
Following night...we were all going to the local pub/stroke ......Omg that English woman cooks Curry type of place.

On leaving this establisment ...And swaying towards the place to call Pass out area.....I saw my Shell moving........Grrrr it had been thieved by a Hermit Crab.. I dont think to this day I have got over it.

India - was all fantastic but I have to mark the Punjab (Amritsar) and the highlight.

Skinny white boys are somewhat of a rarity as it's off of the tourist map so I was treated like a minor god. Even teenage girls wanted their photographs taken with me (much to the chagrin of the missus :) )

Definitely will go back and then continue my tour of India down south (Kerala / Cochin).

India - was all fantastic but I have to mark the Punjab (Amritsar) and the highlight.

Skinny white boys are somewhat of a rarity as it's off of the tourist map so I was treated like a minor god. Even teenage girls wanted their photographs taken with me (much to the chagrin of the missus :) )

Definitely will go back and then continue my tour of India down south (Kerala / Cochin).

You are on here too MK Oh skinny White boy.The girls must have " Stevie Wonder" desease.;) Now .....http://www.fitnessfirst.co.uk/Fitne...e-Day-Membership.aspx?aff=003+google_ID002345 Ha!

Lol, this skinny white boy goes to the gym 3 times a week, does Aikido and does a long run on a sunday if I'm not suffering, trouble is I still stay a skinny white boy!

However, those Indian girls have got taste and are probably mooning over the photos as we speak.... :)

I was lucky enough to do a month's circumnavigation of the world as a delayed honeymoon in 2001.

Started off in Singapore, flying out on the day England beat Germany 5-1. Then touching down in Brisbane before flying in a little plane up to a posh resort in Northern Queensland for my sister-in-laws wedding. Back to Brisbane for a while before heading across the Tasman Sea to Wellington and my first visit to my wife's home town and then up to visit more of her family and friends in Auckland.

Off from there to Hawaii, our real 'just the two of us' honeymoon treat before a stopover in Los Angeles and trips to Disneyland and Universal Studios.

An amazing trip, truly memorable.

Loads of great hols but probably the best 2 would have to be the West coast of the USA (ie. San Diego, San Fransisco, LA etc) a lovely part of the world and also South Africa, including Cape Town, Sun City and a Safari whilst staying in a game reserve which was the most peaceful experience I have ever enjoyed

My honeymoon in Sept last year to Tunisia was fantastic, camels, sun, sand, sea and the whole damn lot. Totaly fallen for the place, sort of untouched by the rich is how I would describe this I think. Just a great place to relax, friendly locals, cheap beer, food and fake goods. What a place to have your honeymoon, just so much to see and real cheap to travel round so you can see loads for next to nothing. She is reading over my shoulder so had better add that it wouldnt have been the same without my darling wife.............;)

I went on a trip to the Med in 1987 with my mate Terry.

The hospitality was dreadful but the accommodation was very cheap.

Even her getting stung below the eye and looking like the elephant man couldnt stop me humping her 4 times a day.

Ah, thats beautiful. And they say romance is dead :)

Ibiza in 89 was good for me, being my first "lads" holiday abroad. Looking back it was really tame compared with later outings but memorable.

Cancun in '99 was good too, very commercial and American and ended up being their for 4th July when the American version of Club 18-30 descended on the resort. However it was a great place and good to see the Mayan sites for a bit of culture....

I've had two x 1 week long stays in Manhattan. I was visiting my cousin who was a stockbroker in New York, he took me to all the best places. I loved chatting to the New York ladies and as I was a bit of a novelty I got treated really well wherever I went.

Back