• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best late night TV program.

Best late night TV program

• Total voters

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
As someone who has wasted years watching late night TV and singing along to the 0898 - 50 - 50 - 50 advert I am asking the question......

Which program is/was the best?

Last edited:
I've found recently that there's about 5 or 6 different channels that show episodes of CSI until the early hours...

i used to love the dodgy channel5 stuff.. that redshoediaries etc etc!

also battlestar galactica at about 3am is always good!

get suffed was ace as was american gladiators back in the day

Married with Children. ITV used to bung it on at about 11:30pm years ago. Al Bundy was class.

This whole thread has reminded me of the late 80's ITV "Night time" era when it seemed really progressive to have TV on after midnight. Shame they chose the absolute ar$e end of their budget and put on whatever they could get for £9.99 a pop. I went for "Get Stuffed" just for the theme tune but you always really hoped for some smutty 70's film with Joan Collins in it or something....

As mentioned in a previous thread Get stuffed was a great show on at the weekend. And strangely timed when people would be getting back indoors from the clubs.

A weekday fav of mine was Prisoner Cell Block H, which after a few beers was strangely addictive. Loved the time when some of them were released and tried to go straight. This was Oz's version of Porridge and Going Straight. :D

Regarding under cover movements. Who is old enough to remember when Channel 4 first hit the screens with their late night shows which would have a Red Triangle in the corner, to show that it would have violence and sex content.

Most of my 'late night TV' was generally 'really early morning TV' when I finally managed to find my way home.

For a completely off your face mind-f*ck I just couldn't beat Dynamo Duck. Real animals dressed like people wandering round a miniature world solving crimes or something - apparently it was an old French kids show that had been bought up by a US producer and re-cut as a detective show and dubbed with the voice of Dan Castellaneta (of Homer Simpson fame) - absolute quality - "The world is my pond and danger is my destiny!".

The days before 24 hour TV, would mean you never ended sleeping downstairs as when the station went off air a high pitch sound would be emitted from you TV.

Back