• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Best meat

What is the best meat?

• Total voters

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Seeing as many of us will have sampled various meats and meat products over the last few days.......

What is the best meat?

Early voting puts the big three out in front.

For me Pork is the undisputed king of meats, equally at home hot or cold in the breakfast, lunch or dinner arenas and happy to take a starring or supporting role.

Lets face it, nobody would touch eggs unless they are backed up by a couple of rashers of bacon or wrapped in sausage meat and breadcrumbs.

Last edited:
Depends what you're doing with it, simple roast, a casserole type meal or cordon bleu. I love a roast forerib of beef but am not so fond of the other beef joints, I also adore leg of lamb and the simplicity of a well roasted chicken. Proper pork with crackling is also fantastic, but for a pot meal, I think venison is one of the best, very rich. I enjoy most types of meat dishes but not too often, although wouldn't take game birds or veal out of choice.

I have never tried it but I suspect bush meat might be pretty good seeing as people risk imprisonment/deportation for smuggling it into the country when you can just go out and buy something more traditional.

It may be that the risk involved works at a subconscious level and improves the perceived enjoyment of the meat.

I may go out and shoplift a scotch egg this lunchtime to see if it tastes any better.

Last edited:
I have never tried it but I suspect bush meat might be pretty good seeing as people risk imprisonment/deportation for smuggling it into the country

Had some in South Africa a few years back and that was pretty good.However threw up after eating an ostrich steak on NYE in Westcliff a few years ago.Could have been the beer though!;)

I have eaten some odd meats in Kenya and I had no idea what they were at the time.

Crocodile,Impala,Ostrich and some big pussy...:stunned:

Panda?! You can't eat that, that's just wrong! They should be left to look big and cuddily with the Bamboo!

My favourite meat is Beef (Steak. Prefer Irish beef), but I cannot stand Veal. I had it once in Switzerland when the hunter's came back with a load of meat for our dinner, and I didnt really like the taste of it.

No dog?

Personally I prefer a more tender meat, but you need to cater to all tastes. Rodent should probably also feature as guinea pig is popular in Andean culture and rat is a staple part of Chinese take-aways.

Back