• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best things about being...

For the courage and the passion. The tears and cheers. The ups and the downs. The wins and the losses. The friendly banter and the swearing. The staff and the players. The fans and the rivalery.

For being the only team in Essex.

went to alton towers in the summer of 2003 and the bloke who served me noticed i was wearing my southend shirt, and said that his nan came from shoebury and that southend were s%&t!

who's laughing now!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Can't put it into words. That's why it's great. Cos Roots Hall is home, where 5,000 all feel at home all at the same time, watching the boys (and belles) in blue.

Can you imagine being at Man City and actually being able to talk to Goater?? or any Player for that matter...

At the reserve match he offered us a game outside the stadium, where else would that happen?

Our away support is amazing.

The way i/we live everything with the players, from each pas, to each goal.

The fact we arnt in the basement league!

The fact that you are part of a community - a footballing community, a civic community, a pub community - than just a faceless body for a large corporate entity to suck money from.

That, and Shrimperzone (the people, the Spread, and this board!)

biggrin.gif

Because when you go to away games, you know everyone or at least recognise the people. How many people know each other at Man U??

The strength and humour of the away support for me.
Before being exiled, away-days were always more of a treat than a trip to the Hall. Any chance to see the team in action is now revered though!

Roots Hall holds very special memories for me.

For providing me with tears and cheers (that was just last season).

For feeling a real part of it.

The players, management and board are all pulling in the same direction.

People asking me more and more about Southend, mates, looking out for their results, my uncle winning money on Southend away at Swindon.

How far apart our support is. I have extended family in Australia, all born in Southend, all supporting the club from 10,000 miles away, and all franticaly seeking out our results at strange times of day and night.

hearing the girlfriend say how crap we are and then win or draw every week so far

The fact that it gives my dear brother an excuse to come over frequently and stay with us for a few weeks sharing his great humour, love, affection and generosity.

Ahh..........what a guy.

mad.gif

Back