• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best wishes to OS.

happy birthday Mark - hope you had a great day !!!!

don't forget, if you can't find anyone to light your candles, then i'm the man for the job

wink.gif

hope you enjoyed the flying lesson - i had one over Essex last year during which i flew over RH and Layer Road . . . . if it was possible, LR looks even more s%&te from 3000 feet

cue - "if i has the wings of a sparrow . . . if i had the arse of a crow . . . ."

all the best

Al

I am writing this post because I recently heard some troubling news. Apparently, a large number of people actually believe Overseas Shrimper's claim that the purpose of life is self-gratification. Before I launch into my rant, permit me the prelude caveat that as our society continues to unravel, more and more people will be grasping for straws, grasping for something to hold onto, grasping for something that promises to give them the sense of security and certainty that they so desperately need. These are the types of people Overseas Shrimper preys upon. Admittedly, he is a walking time bomb of emotionalism. But that's because when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Overseas Shrimper stubbornly refuses to own up to his mistakes serves only to convince me that what I just wrote is not based on merely a single experience or anecdote. Rather, it is based upon the wisdom of accumulated years, spanning two continents, and proven by the fact that my current plan is to address the real issues faced by mankind. Yes, Overseas Shrimper will draw upon the most powerful fires of Hell to tear that plan asunder, but I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But the point at which you discover that the truth of this is by no means limited to the field of general culture, but applies to politics as well, is not only a moment of disenchantment. It is a moment of resolve, a determination that at no time in the past did indelicate, whiney boneheads shamble through the streets of cities, demanding rights they imagine some supernatural power has bestowed upon them. Okay, I've written enough, so let me just finish by saying that much can be learned about Overseas Shrimper by understanding blathering anarchism.

But Happy Birthday to the old git anyway ...

WS

Well seems i missed it but hey let me be the first belated greeting. Hope you had a great day mate, and to think you were born exactly 3 days after me, I always thought you looked older then me.
tounge.gif
However I had to endure your brother on birthday so looks like you have got one over me this year.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Sep. 14 2005,22:49)]I'd also like to wish a happy birthday to the less talented one of the 2 brothers ...

biggrin.gif
Your best ever post .............by far!

General.....I salute you.

unclesam.gif

Back