• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best XI to have made their debut for Blues

banjo saviola

First XI
Hi,
Just a little thing I do with my mates and the respective teams they support. My Spurs mates struggled to put a decent team together fwiw...

Let me know if any of these are wrong....or there's a better option..?

GK Dan Bentley
RB Dean Austin
CB Spencer Prior
CB Kyprianou
LB Justin Edinburgh
RM Michael Kightly
CM Dru Yearwood
CM Steve Tilson
LM Peter Taylor
CF Freddy Eastwood
CF Gary Hooper

Probably go for Andy Edwards over Harry Kyprianou at CB. Strong team all things considered though.

Hi,
Just a little thing I do with my mates and the respective teams they support. My Spurs mates struggled to put a decent team together fwiw...

Let me know if any of these are wrong....or there's a better option..?

GK Dan Bentley
RB Dean Austin
CB Spencer Prior
CB Kyprianou
LB Justin Edinburgh
RM Michael Kightly
CM Dru Yearwood
CM Steve Tilson
LM Peter Taylor
CF Freddy Eastwood
CF Gary Hooper

Bobby Kellard
would be an absolute must in midfield.Based on achievement to date,in place of Yearwood,based on ability,in place of Tilson.
Yes,Edwards for Kyp.

Bobby Kellard
would be an absolute must in midfield.Based on achievement to date,in place of Yearwood,based on ability,in place of Tilson.
Yes,Edwards for Kyp.
Thanks. I don't know Bobby Kellard but will look him up....and ask my old man about him! Cheers.

if we're talking league debuts only:

Alf Smirk
Sandy Anderson
Kevin Maher
Darryl Flahavan
Simon Royce
Tony Hadley
Jimmy Evans

not sure about Jimmy Shankley and Emlyn Jones

Did Stan play any league games for Palace??

EDIT: 20 times apparently... wow!

I know ...... and yet they still didn't realise what a talent they had on their hands. It takes some believing that. After only a few minutes at Roots Hall we knew Colin Murphy had suddenly pulled of quite a coup (as in triumph that is - not chickens :Smile2:)

Yes—quite a few interesting ADDITIONAL l suggestions have come in.
Even I never saw Shankley,Smirk,Evans or Emlyn Jones,so best eleven is looking like this:

ROYCE
Austin
EDWARDS
Prior
ANDERSON

Kightly
Yearwood/Tilson
KELLARD

Eastwood
Hooper
Taylor

I know ...... and yet they still didn't realise what a talent they had on their hands. It takes some believing that. After only a few minutes at Roots Hall we knew Colin Murphy had suddenly pulled of quite a coup (as in triumph that is - not chickens :Smile2:)

Thats what I was thinking when I checked this morning. How did anyone at Palace not realise what they had? I know Wright/Bright were in front of him, but jeez... walks into our side and is instantly a superstar and as you say, was so clear he had all the tools already at that age.

Back