• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Betterview Windows

We have a salesman from Betterview Windows & Conservatories coming round Thursday to provide a quote for installing some PVC-u windows for our new house. Can anyone recommend them? Have they used them in the past?
When the chap asked how did you find out about Betterview W & C - we answered about SUFC and he gave out a loud cheer!! - I should have said about seeing them advertised on Sky Sports on numerous occassions !!!  
cool.gif

Are you a season ticket holder? As they get a 10% I think it is discount. Also they were giving away a free shirt with all orders.

Used to be a season ticket holder - but unfortunately my trips to the Hall next season will be limited due to family commitments (although they could throw in a Family Season ticket in their offer and I might be swayed to order my windows through them!)

They done my windows a few years ago.... no problems at all

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ July 14 2005,13:39)]They done my windows a few years ago.... no problems at all
Except for some local Wickford hoons nicking their van whilst they carried out the work Rich.
biggrin.gif

Had a conservatory built this year, all excellent work and good service. No hesitation in recommending them

great service... went to extra lengths so bought them lots of lager... had a few problems but they are quite sharpish at coming back. recommended to all family and friends. and now they have had a lot of business from us.

Watch the prices and don't be afraid to haggle! Some of the bigger firms, and you can probably guess who I'm thinking of, are notorious for their sales techniques and pricing policy.

Have heard several storied of people being quoted eg £18k+ for a full set of windows but after refusing to sign up and lots of sales blurb - "I'll get my manager to do you special deal", "if you sign up today I'll do you a special deal" etc, etc - the price miraculously comes down to £7k when you could get the same windows from a local reputable firm for £5k. These sort of sales techniques make my blood boil
mad.gif
and there must be some mugs who sign up at £18k+.

I have no experience of Betterview so I'm not saying in any way shape or form that they fall into the above catergory but it's something to watch out for.

If you don't like Betterview or want another quote, try Altec. A Southend firm who have sponsored Southend for a number of years - I think their owner is a season ticket holder. Bought windows and doors for the whole house from them two years ago. Very good prices, quality and service.

I'm after having a new front door, one of those security special jobbies, a new back door, and some new french patio doors, if someone from betterview would care to give me a quote on this here little meeting forum~ less the 10% discount for seaso's~ I might be up for it.

... or do they just do windows?
oops.gif

I'm having a conservatory built but haven't started looking at companies yet.

Betterview, Altec...?

I always judge tradesmen on how many sugars they have in their tea, how quickly they pack up for the day following the slightest period of drizzle and the degree to which they ridicule any work that has been performed by myself or previous tradesmen.

Bags of hardened cement left in your back garden is always a sure sign you are dealing with a pro as well.

I used the following website to brief myself on the double glazing jargon and research:
thewindowman.co.uk

Have used three companies for quotes so far - 2 were in the same ball park, one was significantly lower. The Research effort continues with another 2 companies to get 5 quotes to get a true reflection on our needs.

BTW - Betterview gave us 5% discount for being SUFC fans (!), if I purchased a season ticket and get the full 10% off I would actually be about £100 to the good (getting windows at a cheaper price and watching Southend for free!!)

I know someone who asked them for a written quote about 6 months ago and is still waiting.

Back