• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Betting at Roots Hall

W4 Shrimper

Was in Canvey over the weekend and noticed that the Rowland Pridmore shops on the Island (and apparently the whole chain) had been taken over by Ladbrokes.

Seeing as Pridmores have the betting concession at Roots Hall (I know there is one in the Shrimpers, is there another?), does that mean Ladbrokes will now be in situ?

Seeing as I work in Ladbrokes Head Office, you'd think I'd know myself....but I don't!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ June 13 2005,14:44)]Was in Canvey over the weekend and noticed that the Rowland Pridmore shops on the Island (and apparently the whole chain) had been taken over by Ladbrokes.

Seeing as Pridmores have the betting concession at Roots Hall (I know there is one in the Shrimpers, is there another?), does that mean Ladbrokes will now be in situ?

Seeing as I work in Ladbrokes Head Office, you'd think I'd know myself....but I don't!
I was going to ask you about that James but totally forgot mate. There's 2 down here in Shoebury. One in Ness Road and one in the High Street and both have been taken over by Ladbrokes. Both quite small places but still have 2 FOBT and a fruit m/c in each. Be interesting to see what happens with it. I'd imagine the service might dissapear, which would be shame, but then there's a betting shop round the corner if people are that desperate ...

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ June 13 2005,17:59)]..um...FOTB? What's that?
Fixed Odds Betting Terminal (FOBT)

Basically Roulette machines with a few other games on them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 13 2005,17:48)]I was going to ask you about that James but totally forgot mate. There's 2 down here in Shoebury. One in Ness Road and one in the High Street and both have been taken over by Ladbrokes. Both quite small places but still have 2 FOBT and a fruit m/c in each. Be interesting to see what happens with it. I'd imagine the service might dissapear, which would be shame, but then there's a betting shop round the corner if people are that desperate ...

Kev
They'd more than likely keep the same staff - makes most sense - so if the staff there are good, hopefully they'll stay. They'll have to wear a rotten green uniform though!

As for the shop itself, as many FOBTs as they can legally get in there, plus some smart new display screens. One of the ones in Canvey has already chucked out all it's old TVs.

Re Southend, I spoke to our football department yesterday and they'll make a decision towards the end of July as to whether to have a concession at Roots Hall or not.

Back