• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Betting Preview

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Erm, I can't open this link because of internet filters at work:

Bettingzone.com

So, what do the tipsters reckon in terms of tomorrow's game, then...?

rock.gif

Matt

If you can't open it, this is what one of their guys says:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Southend v Lincoln

Having already tipped Lincoln to win the League Two play-offs I am going to stick with my original selection and instead plump for a tight, tense encounter at the Millennium Stadium.

Both of these sides were forced to pull out all the stops to make it through their semi-finals, and for Lincoln they will be hoping to make it third time lucky.

In the last two years the Imps have failed to make it through the play-offs and Keith Alexander will be hoping his side put up a better performance than they did in the final two years ago when they were trounced 5-2 by Bournemouth.

To get this stage Lincoln had to see off Macclesfield in two hard-fought encounters, and it was Gareth McAuley from two set-pieces that gave them the goals to edge past the Silkmen 2-1 on aggregate.

All year Lincoln have been tough to score against and with 19 clean sheets to their name in the regular season, only Rochdale held a better record.

With clean sheets in four of their last seven games it's obvious that their defence is still in good working order, and they will head to Cardiff in confident mood.

No club managed more away wins than Lincoln in League Two this season so they will be comfortable playing away from Sincil Bank, and will be hopeful of beating a Southend side that don't have a good record in the Welsh capital.

Steve Tilson's side have lost the last two LDV Vans Trophy finals at the Millennium Stadium, failing to score on either occasion.

This season's defeat to Wrexham signalled the beginning of a poor run of form that eventually cost them an automatic promotion spot on the last day of the season.

However, they showed their battling qualities to pick themselves up and see off Northampton, with just a Freddy Eastwood penalty separating the two sides over 180 minutes.

Eastwood with 23 goals has been the main man this season and if Southend are to win this one, he will have to be at the top of his game.

Play-off finals are normally cagey affairs with so much at stake, and with the Shrimpers having shown against Northampton that their defence is also in fine fettle, backing under two goals at Stan James could be the best bet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 27 2005,13:52)]Try this link;- Here
Nope, all gambling websites are filtered...

tounge.gif

Thanks fbm. Irrationally, I always like it when the pundits don't tip us - it makes me feel as if we've got more of a chance!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 27 2005,14:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 27 2005,13:52)]Try this link;- Here
Nope, all gambling websites are filtered...

tounge.gif

Thanks fbm.  Irrationally, I always like it when the pundits don't tip us - it makes me feel as if we've got more of a chance!

biggrin.gif
Matt,

All gambling websites were filtered at our place but in desperation just before the Cheltenham Festival found this one that wasn't

www.betoddoreven.com

and still isn't.

biggrin.gif

To be fair there's a few flaws in his argument for Lincoln.

The biggest one, for me, seems to be where he draws upon the fact that Lincoln have won the most away games inthe division and so should be comfortable away from home. What he fails to mention is that it's Southend who've picked up more points than anyone else in this league 2 campaign.

I don't mind, though. Prefer being the underdogs!

Oh nice. Just checked the away form and we've both won 9 games away from home in the league. Obviously that's advantage Lincoln then.

Everytime I back Southend to win ..... I lose, last time out, I put nearly £10 bet on Northampton to beat us & I lost - but happy to rip up the betting slip as we won. I never win on backing a team to win, so tomorrow, Iam going to put £10 on Lincoln to beat us - Its well spend if I get it wrong .....

nic nac looks good value to be 1st goalscorer at 28/1 with corals (if he doesn't start and a goal is scored before he gets on you get a refund). combine this with a 2-0 southend win and get 170/1. might be worth a pound.  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ May 27 2005,15:42)]nic nac looks good value to be 1st goalscorer at 28/1.
There must be a better value bet than 28/1 - I'd expect a 33/1 - have a look around. Anyway, Eastwood is going to score. Don't take 9/2 - there is 5/1 about.

PS - if anyone has seen better than 18/1 for Barrett pls share.

Back