• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bizarre Injuries

MrB

Life President
Stoke

Ranks up there with Dave Beasant dropping a jar of salad cream on his foot and Morten Stensgaard retiring from shoulder-knack after injuring it putting his ironing board up!

Stoke

Ranks up there with Dave Beasant dropping a jar of salad cream on his foot and Morten Stensgaard retiring from shoulder-knack after injuring it putting his ironing board up!

Or like when Sam Torrence had to withdraw from the English Open there after bruising his chest sleepwalking into a flowerpot.

I recall a Sweden footballer missing the World Cup because he twisted his knee getting his dinner out the oven.

Santiago Cañizares missed the world cup for Spain after dropping a bottle of aftershave on his foot.

Spencor Prior stepped on a nail in his flip flops at home a couple of years ago if I recall.

LeeBlue, he of SZFC fame missed a game last season due to a OAP running over his foot in one of their mobo scooters.

Richard wright fell out of his loft and also injured himself while warming up falling over a sign saying to warm up using the temporary goal

Perry Groves was on the bench for an Arsenal match when he jumped up to celebrate the Gunners going a goal up. He knocked himself out and needed treatment from physio Gary Lewin.

Darius Vassell injured himself while attempting DIY surgery on his own foot with a drill in 2003. Having read that the way to combat a blood blister was to drain the wound, he attempted it - with a power drill. Funnily enough, he made it worse.

In 1975, Manchester United goalkeeper Alex Stepney dislocated his jaw shouting at his defence. Beat that Mr Schmeichel.

CHIC BRODIE: The Brentford goalkeeper's career came to an abrupt end in October 1970 when he collided with a sheepdog which had run on to the pitch. Brodie shattered his kneecap while the dog got the ball. "The dog might have been a small one, but it just happened to be a solid one," he reflected.

ALAN WRIGHT: The diminutive former Aston Villa full-back strained his knee by stretching to reach the accelerator in his new Ferrari. He subsequently swapped the sports car for a Rover 416.

MISTAR: The Indonesian footballer was killed aged just 25 by a stampede of pigs which overran his team's training pitch in 1995.

And cant forget when steve morrow went donkey riding after scoring a winning goal in a cup final, then adams dropped him

Whilst on the books at Leeds (seems strange to think now) Rio "I'm really good at table tennis, until challenged" Ferdinand managed to injure himself watching TV!

Who was the footballer who slipped in the shower and feel on his aftershave bottle. Might of been someone like Melberg.

I think McSweeney injured himself by jumping over a wall.

Perhaps Darryl had been standing there marking his territory moments before. Wouldn't want to get your hands wet, would you?

Otherwise, while it's not an injury as such, more of an excuse, I'm pretty certain I'm the only person who once had a work colleague fail to show up for work because of an "itchy lip".

Perhaps Darryl had been standing there marking his territory moments before. Wouldn't want to get your hands wet, would you?

Otherwise, while it's not an injury as such, more of an excuse, I'm pretty certain I'm the only person who once had a work colleague fail to show up for work because of an "itchy lip".

Was it a girl???

:whistling:

I always thought that one of the more unfortunate injuries came about when, while carrying Steve Morrow on his shoulders, Tony Adams dropped him during celebrations following the 1994 League Cup final.

Morrow broke his arm - and it hampered him a fair deal throughout his football career, poor chap!

Back