• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, I was there. It felt like the ref was waiting for them to score. I also remember when David Speedie scored for them he celebrated by giving our fans a couple of V signs. To be honest I think we'd given him stick all night.
We flew up with the team for the game, great day out, Yes Speedie did get, deservedly, stick all game.

Looking forward to tomorrow. A new ground, a decent beer and a meat n potato pie. Let's hope the Peterborough away team turn up rather than the Donny away team. Onwards and upwards with Chris Powell fellow Shrimpers.

Looking forward to this one, not been to Ewood Park since, well, the last we played there. A Tuesday night spoiled by David Speedie.

They'll be up for it, they need the three points. Massive expectation in that part of the world, maybe the pressure will show and we could nick something. If we play like we did on Saturday, anything is possible.

Looking at their forum Blackburn fans seem nervous about playing us, presumably because of the opening game of the season. Also they are not over confident of securing automatic promotion despite leading the division at the moment.

If Rovers score first we could be in for a pasting. Dack is such a dangerous player. And we know all about Jack Payne of course. Can we learn from what happened at Plymouth? It sounds like SCP is going up there with a defensive mindset - or is that just mind games? An early goal for us would certainly quieten Ewood Park...... COYB!!!

Jack Payne last min winner? Would he celebrate?

I reckon he would! I’m very anti players who celebrate against clubs that have been good to them. I know that’s not everyone’s opinion but it’s something I hate it when our ex players do when we’ve been good to them. I understood when Harrold did it because the boo boys were ***** to him.

I think we will see the best from kightley today former Burnley player he will get loads of stick and he is the sort that will produce a bit of quality in that atmosphere 14/1 to score first 4/1 anytime, place your bets folks!

Yep, Kights certainly made the most of celebrating in front of the Blackburn fans on the opening day.

I doubt he or they will have forgotten that, either.

Yes, I was there. It felt like the ref was waiting for them to score. I also remember when David Speedie scored for them he celebrated by giving our fans a couple of V signs. To be honest I think we'd given him stick all night.

I was there also that night. It was at a time when I was living in the area and had a number of friends who were Rovers fans. They felt, like I did, that we didn't deserve to drop those 2 points in the manner that we did. I was a great performance that night and hope that we can replicate that today.

UTB..:happy:

We are away, so we will lose heavily to nil. Still going for a day out on the beers and a new ground tick.

As long as there's not four thousand goals ........

Yep, Kights certainly made the most of celebrating in front of the Blackburn fans on the opening day.

I doubt he or they will have forgotten that, either.

They haven't.

From their fans forum:

"In reality they will be pegged back early and how straightforward our day will be depends on us taking our early chances. All the time being careful not to concede from a set piece. If they come and try and play us at our own game, they will be going kamikaze. I hope they do that, but they won't.

We owe them one from earlier in the season. That Kightly guy in particular."

"That Kightly Guy" :smile:

How arrogant is that poster. Yes, if lowly Southend dare come here to try and match the mighty Blackburn Rovers, they'll be booted up their a**e faster than they can say "at least we haven't been relegated twice in the last few years!"

Normally on the club twitter feed about now, then 'The Big Dady' will start the match thread with his usual professionalism.

Let the fun begin!

Back