• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues in talks with McGlashan

Highly regarded at Cheltenham who wanted to keep him. Went to Gillingham L1 (a number of clubs after him).
The glass half empties will last onto last year- 8 starts, 11 sub app and no goals- Brown out - I don't belieeeeevvve it.
The glass half fulls will look at the previous year in L1 too- 25 starts, 21 sub app and 7 goals. A bit better.

Right wing or left (right predominantly) and this is somewhere where having lost Hurst and Worrell we currently have no-one. So seems a reasonable option to me. Upgrade on Weston yes- Weston never made it out of L2 with Gillingham. Upgarde on Hurst- well which Hurst? The one now yes- the one at his very best probably not but then that one we would not have let go.

I suspect we will be bringing at least one more wide man as well- so all things considered a pretty decent option I would say.

Yes- has something about him- looks like the sort of winger many on here have being crying for? Quick, causes problems but unlike Weston with a few goals in him? We shall see.

His record compares to Worrall's by the way. More goals per game- Like Worrall games split pretty evenly between L1 & L2, Worrall appeared just 20 times in L1 the year before he joined us.

Highly regarded at Cheltenham who wanted to keep him. Went to Gillingham L1 (a number of clubs after him).
The glass half empties will last onto last year- 8 starts, 11 sub app and no goals- Brown out - I don't belieeeeevvve it.
The glass half fulls will look at the previous year in L1 too- 25 starts, 21 sub app and 7 goals. A bit better.

Right wing or left (right predominantly) and this is somewhere where having lost Hurst and Worrell we currently have no-one. So seems a reasonable option to me. Upgrade on Weston yes- Weston never made it out of L2 with Gillingham. Upgarde on Hurst- well which Hurst? The one now yes- the one at his very best probably not but then that one we would not have let go.

I suspect we will be bringing at least one more wide man as well- so all things considered a pretty decent option I would say.

Not a patch on Hurst or Worrall but would give Brian Phelps a run for his money.

Looks useful when he attacks the box. I'd hope he is also a threat crossing the ball, for whoever we are going for as our main aerial target next season.

I'd be quite happy with this signing to be honest, he always looked a menace when he played against us, although he is far from alone in that.

He is a serial diver of the highest order.

A few years back he was lining up ready for kick off just in front of the West Stand playing alongside ex Shrimper Paul Benson for Cheltenham Town -- after seeing him con us out of so many free kicks and penalties over the years i couldnt help myself shouting "" Any chance you can stay on you feet today McLashan You Cheat"? He looked across and gave me a knowing beaming smile. It was before half time and he had gone for an Inward Flying Double Somersault 1 1/2 Twist .... the ref was so impressed he gave a pen ... GOAL ! 1-0 down...... As he sauntered back to the half way line he looked for me in the crowd and gave me a nod and a wink , as i shook my head dissapprovingly.

In a weird sort of way i found myself somehow respecting him after that. I never swore at him and he was graciously cheeky in his response . Fair play to him. We had Anthony Grant do similar antics for us for years and we loved it. If McLashan were to work his magic in a Blues shirt then good luck to him. I just hope he hasnt overdone the diving over the years ( ala Ashley Young ) so that his reputation goes against him with the refs.

He did get plenty of our players booked at Gillingham last season.

Unpleasant impetuous little diver, however if he comes to us and does the business.....:stunned:

He is a serial diver of the highest order.

A few years back he was lining up ready for kick off just in front of the West Stand playing alongside ex Shrimper Paul Benson for Cheltenham Town -- after seeing him con us out of so many free kicks and penalties over the years i couldnt help myself shouting "" Any chance you can stay on you feet today McLashan You Cheat"? He looked across and gave me a knowing beaming smile. It was before half time and he had gone for an Inward Flying Double Somersault 1 1/2 Twist .... the ref was so impressed he gave a pen ... GOAL ! 1-0 down...... As he sauntered back to the half way line he looked for me in the crowd and gave me a nod and a wink , as i shook my head dissapprovingly.

In a weird sort of way i found myself somehow respecting him after that. I never swore at him and he was graciously cheeky in his response . Fair play to him. We had Anthony Grant do similar antics for us for years and we loved it. If McLashan were to work his magic in a Blues shirt then good luck to him. I just hope he hasnt overdone the diving over the years ( ala Ashley Young ) so that his reputation goes against him with the refs.

Grant use to actually draw a challenge to fall over though.

He did get plenty of our players booked at Gillingham last season.

Is our tactic just going to be try and get the opposition sent off?

I'm not even sure winning free-kicks is that useful to us considering our lack of set-piece delivery and aerial strength. Hopefully we'll be signing some players with height and quality delivery to sort that out though.

Don't like him as a character but he's caused us problems many times in the past and I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him. We need wingers and we need pace. And at this stage, any signing is good news!

Back