• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, I was hoping to see this published!

Good goalkeeper, only 5'8" but "built like a brick *********" so I'm told. Had been Bury's No.1 for the past 18 months to 2 years, up until a week or two ago.

BBBC put him on the shelf last season for a while when he fractured his cheekbone!

@AlexBirks: "@TomRoss_: Cameron Belford - any good #bury fans?" In a word...no

Oh joy...

You have to feel a bit sorry for Dan Bentley..PS obviously feels he is not ready or up to it, though little point having him as reserve keeper.

Well he was the goalkeeper in their promotion-winning side last season and as JamesTheSuperBlue says, he was their number 1 up until very recently when they signed Sunderland keeper Trevor Carson. So he can't be that bad. Still, do feel a bit sorry for Dan Bentley. He must be wondering when he's ever going to get a chance.

5 foot 8 ??????????? tremendous ..... Great idea that his home debut will be against the hoof it long ball thugs that are Crawley

Gutted for Bentley.

Me too, however Luggy and Cougho (and the senior players) see him in training every day and he played a full 90 minutes against Braintree - they obviously don't think he's ready yet, especially with the added pressure of a televised game on Monday night. If he let a couple of howlers in, we'd be the first to say that the manager should have signed a more experienced 'keeper on loan. So I guess we have to trust their judgement - after all, their jobs depend on these kind of judgements. My guess is that they agonised long and hard over whether he was ready or not.

I've only seen Bentley once, when he came on as sub. earlier this season when we were 4-0 up. He looked a bit nervous that day to me and so maybe isn't the kind of player to breed confidence in an already shaky back four.

Frankly baffling, but Sturrock obviously has no faith in Bentley as first team goalkeeper. Slightly concerning that even Bury fans seem to think he's sh!t. :unsure:

I really have faith in Bentley. However I suppose there is a lot at stake. And it's a lot of pressure for him to come in, but he believes in himself.

I'd play him today. But I expect the new boy will come in.

@Hoyles10 @ScottWallace_ You can keep Belford as long as you want, he's *****.

Me too, however Luggy and Cougho (and the senior players) see him in training every day and he played a full 90 minutes against Braintree - they obviously don't think he's ready yet, especially with the added pressure of a televised game on Monday night. If he let a couple of howlers in, we'd be the first to say that the manager should have signed a more experienced 'keeper on loan. So I guess we have to trust their judgement - after all, their jobs depend on these kind of judgements. My guess is that they agonised long and hard over whether he was ready or not.

I've only seen Bentley once, when he came on as sub. earlier this season when we were 4-0 up. He looked a bit nervous that day to me and so maybe isn't the kind of player to breed confidence in an already shaky back four.

Agree, it is a lot of pressure to make the step up, especially as a goal keeper, as an out field player you can make a mistake and get away with it, but generally if you are a GK and you make a mistake then it's 9/10 times costly!

I really have faith in Bentley. However I suppose there is a lot at stake. And it's a lot of pressure for him to come in, but he believes in himself.

I'd play him today. But I expect the new boy will come in.

Belford is easily the worst gk in his league
Loosing my faith in management decisions
Let's hope they put a good defence out to save us our diginity at least

Back