• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues' striker Williams set to join Boreham Wood on loan

Assuming he gets or earns an opportunity to get a run in the team this could be excellent for JW. Its a step up from Chelmsford. BW are mid table with a mean defence, third lowest goals comnceeded in the dividion. However they also have the third worst scoring record, so you would 'assume' that this is where they feel JW could make the difference

A good move for him. Also its only £18 for a ticket and there are smoking areas and a cracking bar at the ground. Absolutely ideal for any Williams devotees that would like to go and watch him on a permanent basis.

A good move for him. Also its only £18 for a ticket and there are smoking areas and a cracking bar at the ground. Absolutely ideal for any Williams devotees that would like to go and watch him on a permanent basis.

Maybe we could get a SZ 'crowdfunding' thingy in action to raise some money for a half season ticket for one of our members, naming no names...

Last edited:

Haha I like it RHB.....where is Boreham :winking:

Puts him in the shop window ready for us to offload him come the end of the season, still not sure why brown gave him another contract tbh:'(

Puts him in the shop window ready for us to offload him come the end of the season, still not sure why brown gave him another contract tbh:'(

The whole point of the under-21 squad was to hang on to the lads a bit longer and catch the late developers. Williams is still only 21 so it made complete sense to offer him a new deal (guessing he earns modestly) and do what we did with him, i.e. predominantly play him in the under-21's and keep him on the fringes of the first team.

I personally don't think he will show enough at Boreham to warrant us keeping him on, but who knows. I just don't understand the people on here and the Facebook page who seem to get enjoyment out of slating the lad down at any given opportunity.

Hated the place ever since we played them at home in the Fa cup once at the Hall. For some reason the usual lot who defended the Pak in the north bank were off somewhere else, so it was occupied by a few over confident youngsters who otherwise, like me, would have had to stand on the perimeter or down the front wall. Shortly after kick off a shout went up and it was invaded by motley crew of about 20 or so Boreham supporters. I saw one youngster get a wak around the chops and the rest fled. We won 1.0 in an untidy match but it was the only time i could remember the Pak being over run and taken.

The whole point of the under-21 squad was to hang on to the lads a bit longer and catch the late developers. Williams is still only 21 so it made complete sense to offer him a new deal (guessing he earns modestly) and do what we did with him, i.e. predominantly play him in the under-21's and keep him on the fringes of the first team.

I personally don't think he will show enough at Boreham to warrant us keeping him on, but who knows. I just don't understand the people on here and the Facebook page who seem to get enjoyment out of slating the lad down at any given opportunity.
i for one last season was praying PB to give williams a start, but having seen him play some 3 games for the under21's over the last two months he has looked awfull and not match fit and don't even look interested half the time so I think a move is needed for him and Southend to freshen him up at least, PB only wants players at the club that are gonna challenge for places in the squad or so he says eh:unsure:think williams knows himself he needs a move right now even if it is only a loan move, he needs games every week:thumbsup:

Hated the place ever since we played them at home in the Fa cup once at the Hall. For some reason the usual lot who defended the Pak in the north bank were off somewhere else, so it was occupied by a few over confident youngsters who otherwise, like me, would have had to stand on the perimeter or down the front wall. Shortly after kick off a shout went up and it was invaded by motley crew of about 20 or so Boreham supporters. I saw one youngster get a wak around the chops and the rest fled. We won 1.0 in an untidy match but it was the only time i could remember the Pak being over run and taken.

Blimey. I was at that game - over 43 years ago. I watched you run from the safety of the West Stand standing on my milk crate so I could see over the wall. It was 3-0 by the way, you prob missed the other two goals when you were hiding :smile:

Maybe we could get a SZ 'crowdfunding' thingy in action to raise some money for a half season ticket for one of our members, naming no names...

Be a great boost to BW having an extra 'fan' onboard being as they're the worst supported club in the league.....

I just don't understand the people on here and the Facebook page who seem to get enjoyment out of slating the lad down at any given opportunity.

Sadly I think a prize idiot who posts the same things over and over on here has caused this.

Wasn't there a story that they were Arsenal on a "day out" , like Harlow were all Spurs ?

Back