• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues TV

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 28 2004,15:04)]Found this on the Official Site. It makes an interesting read.

Here
Reading that makes you feel good to be a Shrimper.

smile.gif

I can relate to what the correspondant has said about the two market stall owners, as i was in a cab last weekend and for the first time in years a cabby actually nattered on about all things blues, couldnt believe it, he said he hadnt been for about 5 years but will be going to the game saturday with a few ex blues fans aswell!!... a refreshing change to the usual spurs and wet sham drivvel we have to put up with!!.

Seems to be much more of a buzz about the club amongst the general southend public now, as long as we keep getting the results that will only increase.

smile.gif

How about a Czechoslovakian cartoon season on Blues TV?

I used to love them on channel four.

I have to agree with his comments about the management team. Whether you agree with their motives behind the ownership or not, the commercial side of the club is so much stronger now. Signs on buses, IMO, was and still is an excellent way of reminding the local community that there's actually a club in Southend.

Also, you can see that they're looking for revenue generating opportunities constantly whilst refusing to be held over a barrel for contract negotiations (e.g. Torquay bound Leon).

From my own viewpoint (where are my glasses?
laugh.gif
) and this doesn't take rocket science, word soon gets round that a football club is starting to do well... is making improvements... is showing some ambition etc... and people like that! some of us, put vast sums of money and/or time into supporting our club and we like to see a return in the shape of passionate performances by the players and a tightly run ship by the management.

Our current sponsors are investing in the club over (is it?) 2 years and would certainly like to see a return on their investment and I feel they will get it.

When I first joined this site back in June, I just could not believe the amount of pessimism on here. Sure, we had a bad run in the league last year... but who's fault was that? It sure as hell wasn't Tilson's!!! yet, here we are just 4 months later and we have a guy posting on the official site about the renewed optimism in the people who support SUFC either from near or from afar.

TBH, I was (am still) astonished at the amount of support we have from abroad and indeed there may be a few of these supporters (particularly the Aussie Shrimpers, who have their own supporters club or clique, call it what you will), who have perhaps never even seen SUFC play. Then you have Jávea, Canada, Chaco27saf, Overseas who collectively call themselves the exiles as they live abroad, but still support the club with a passion even though they may only see us play on the rare occasion.

Bottom line: This club appears to be (finally) going places! its taken a long time and a lot of hard work to turn this club around! a few of us (self included) have grown rather impatient at our lack of success, but this could be our season! we could be signing Fredy Eastwood in the next week or so and he could turn out to be a gem in the making! we have a really decent squad of players! we have good football to watch / listen to (when Blues World works!) and there is a real buzz around the club on match-days...

C'MON BLUES! MAKE US PROUD!
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 29 2004,00:08)]Then you have Jávea, Canada, Chaco27saf, Overseas who collectively call themselves the exiles as they live abroad, but still support the club with a passion even though they may only see us play on the rare occasion.
And Mrs. OS who, once again, will be 'bigging up' The Shrimpers on TV over here (she's going to be on a footie programme). We make sure that our team get a mention whenever possible in the national media.

It may not do that much, but I know of a growing number of people who are 'aware' of SUFC... look out for their results and check out the official site. Oh... and about 4 or 5 have paid a visit to The Hall on their travels to London and Essex.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 29 2004,00:08)]Bottom line: This club appears to be (finally) going places! its taken a long time and a lot of hard work to turn this club around! a few of us (self included) have grown rather impatient at our lack of success, but this could be our season! we could be signing Fredy Eastwood in the next week or so and he could turn out to be a gem in the making! we have a really decent squad of players! we have good football to watch / listen to (when Blues World works!) and there is a real buzz around the club on match-days...
Next Headline:

Southend 0 Northampton 5

Freddy Eastwood scores a Hattrick of own goals and vows I did it for Grobbelaar. Local lad that goes by the name of Wiggy said, "Yes all my plans are falling into place!"

Sorry very nice speech, but I had to unjinx it you know what I mean bruv!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Oct. 29 2004,11:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 29 2004,00:08)]Bottom line: This club appears to be (finally) going places! its taken a long time and a lot of hard work to turn this club around! a few of us (self included) have grown rather impatient at our lack of success, but this could be our season! we could be signing Fredy Eastwood in the next week or so and he could turn out to be a gem in the making! we have a really decent squad of players! we have good football to watch / listen to (when Blues World works!) and there is a real buzz around the club on match-days...
Next Headline:

Southend 0 Northampton 5

Freddy Eastwood scores a Hattrick of own goals and vows I did it for Grobbelaar. Local lad that goes by the name of Wiggy said, "Yes all my plans are falling into place!"

Sorry very nice speech, but I had to unjinx it you know what I mean bruv!
wink.gif
Well done BP, quite right. What happens nearly every time we get a worthwile number of "floating/lapsed fans" in the hall? Just when we think we are climbing out of the mirey pit, someone like the Cobblers come along and knock us back in.

I will reserve my judgement on our recovery until 17:00 on Saturday.

cool.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 29 2004,00:08)]Then you have Jávea, Canada, Chaco27saf, Overseas who collectively call themselves the exiles as they live abroad, but still support the club with a passion even though they may only see us play on the rare occasion.
We have FIVE Southend fans in Jávea now. And people in town now LOOK for scores from League Two to keep an eye on how the Shrimpers are doing. When I first arrived in Jávea, people assumed that Southend United played non-league ("they're Ryman Premier, aren't they?" was a very serious question from one fellow drinker in our local) but now people genuinely take an interest in the Shrimpers. We're even persauding the landlord to stick up one of those A3-sized fixture lists alongside the Chelsea and Arsenal ones ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Oct. 29 2004,15:55)]
[b said:
We have FIVE Southend fans in Jávea now. And people in town now LOOK for scores from League Two to keep an eye on how the Shrimpers are doing. When I first arrived in Jávea, people assumed that Southend United played non-league ("they're Ryman Premier, aren't they?" was a very serious question from one fellow drinker in our local) but now people genuinely take an interest in the Shrimpers. We're even persauding the landlord to stick up one of those A3-sized fixture lists alongside the Chelsea and Arsenal ones ...

WS
Good stuff, Mike - spread the faith.

Not in the same league (sorry!) but the Southend banner is being flown proudly in the Aultbea-Poolewe-Gairoch area. The Aultbea SUFC Supporters club boasts two members (and the other member is a shareholder!) All the local kids are very aware of SUFC and I have bought SUFC tops off e-bay for local yoofs who now rate Southend as their "English" team.

Come on you Blue Boys!

Rumour on the streets is that we may be having another Canadian shrimper for six months at least.

So much to organise

Back