• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Blues youngster Gard facing year on the sidelines

What terrible, terrible news for him at such an important stage of his career.

Get well soon Lewis and I hope it makes your return to the first team all the sweeter.

Our luck with injuries is unbearable

Shame for Lewis, only consolation is that he’s very young and will hopefully come back stronger and will have a long career ahead of him

Crikey, he'll need some mental strength to get through this. I trust the club will support him throughout his recovery. Good luck Lewis.

And Powell is saying that's better than we first feared?! Jesus Christ if he was an older player then he would surely have been looking at retirement if we think 12 months is a positive

And Powell is saying that's better than we first feared?! Jesus Christ if he was an older player then he would surely have been looking at retirement if we think 12 months is a positive

It seems that the first thought was three ruptured knee ligaments , the 2nd diagnosis was "only" two with the third "merely" damaged.
jeez ....that would finish a hell of a lot of careers , I hope young Lewis recovers fully.

Hope the lad makes a full and quick recovery.

I remember the pre season friendly at Roots Hall in 1999 when we played Norwich , and Garry Cross went in hard on Craig Bellamy and the Welshman , on the cusp of a £6mio move to Spurs , did a similar injury to young Lewis, and was around the same age too . He was out for a year , and some people wrote his career off - but look what an amazing career he went on to have , making 400 odd premier appearances + 70 odd Intl caps , so if theres something for young Gard to cling to , its that if he gives full focus to making a 100% recovery , in a few months time he can still reach his dreams in the game.

Good luck fella

ACL injuries seem to be quite common place in elite athletes these days. A year out (at best) is the normal time frame given and it is a serious injury.....

However.....medical science and medical staff have improved in their work so greatly since 1991 when Gazza injured his, it is staggering.

It will be along hard road, but Lewis will make a full recovery and from what I can tell he isn’t the the type to just lay down and feel sorry for himself.

He will work hard, be patient and listen to the staff and I’m sure he will be back fighting to make his comeback sometime around Xmas 2019.

Good luck to him he seems a really decent honest lad and a real talent.

Back