• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BluesTV

What do people think of the new BluesTV?

Sounds a good initiative!!!

Official site, Wayne ...

Basically trying to attract people to get into Roots Hall earlier and spend more money at the club, rather than the local outlets. A very good idea IMO and i'm sure some people will prefer to go into the ground earlier than go the Spread/BB/Lion/Railway. However, i probably wont due to the lack of fruit machines.

laugh.gif

Well I reckon thats a top idea.
Hopefully it will prove to be a success.
Damn shame I will be stuck at work from 1pm on saturday though
mad.gif

Yeh Southend are never covered that well on Anglia or Meridian so having their our own channel will be good news - actually get to the real issues!!!

Imagine the scene! One television and nearly 100 people in the groundsmans falling over each other to get the best view of the TV and all that beer being spilt
ghostface.gif

Can you turn the volume up paleeessseee!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Aug. 05 2004,21:09)]I don't really see the point in it but there we go. Who's the other league 2 club with a TV Channel?
Lincoln who we ironically play 2nd game of the season meaning a double dose of pre-match TV.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 05 2004,17:58)]Official site, Wayne ...

Basically trying to attract people to get into Roots Hall earlier and spend more money at the club, rather than the local outlets. A very good idea IMO and i'm sure some people will prefer to go into the ground earlier than go the Spread/BB/Lion/Railway. However, i probably wont due to the lack of fruit machines.

laugh.gif
Indeed, so message to the club:

Do not **** it all up by inadequate supplies of beer/glasses/barstaff/food etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2004,22:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Aug. 05 2004,21:09)]I don't really see the point in it but there we go. Who's the other league 2 club with a TV Channel?
Lincoln who we ironically play 2nd game of the season meaning a double dose of pre-match TV.
Hmmmm I don't think they show it to the away supporters. Since there would be nowhere to show it at Lincoln.

So who won SUFC's competition to pick that most exciting of names for the new channel?

BluesTV. Ooooo what a surprise. Couldn't have guessed that was going to be the winning choice.

How long before the Shrimp disappears from the badge again?

Come on guys - get behind this project. It's a definite move in the right direction...all this negativity is what has kept us in the lower leagues for so long. I reckon it will be a success and let's at least give it a chance!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ Aug. 05 2004,23:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2004,22:39)]
[b said:
Hmmmm I don't think they show it to the away supporters. Since there would be nowhere to show it at Lincoln.
Last year we were allowed into the Social Club at Lincoln where all the TVs showed Imps TV or whatever it was called and on the back of that, those of us that were in the bar have all got well and truly behind the idea of Blues TV at Roots Hall. It's a fantastic idea providing the club do this properly, which I have every faith that they will, and it will enhance people's enjoyment of the game at the Hall. It's also nice to be at the forefront of an idea for a change.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Aug. 06 2004,14:52)]Lincoln away last season
Interesting that the report on away proceedings should mention that Lincoln were advertising Mansfield Ale, only by the wierdest of coincidences there was a Lincoln sign at Roots Hall last year in the corner of the South & West Stands...
wink.gif

Back