• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

B'muff press - Cherries well up for it

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
WE MUST BE STRONG
By Ian Wadley
Comment | Read Comments (5)

BOSS: Kevin Bond
CHERRIES boss Kevin Bond has admitted the club would be left "needing snookers" to dodge the League One drop if they went into administration and received a 10-point deduction.

With the club's off-field difficulties dominating the agenda this week, football will finally return to centre stage for the visit of Southend at Dean Court tomorrow.

And as discussions on what path the club may take continue to simmer under the surface, Bond was keen to emphasise the need of all involved to pull in the same direction.

He said: "There may be difficult times ahead and if there are we need to be even stronger as a group and everybody needs to play their part.

"I've never wanted a player to be here if they don't want to be and, if the players feel they don't want to be part of the club or want their futures to be elsewhere, it would be better to know that sooner rather than later so we can dig in with everybody we've got."

Bond believes the work being done behind the scenes by Cherries' hierarchy is in the best long-term interests of the ailing Dorset club.

advertisement
"Whatever happens will be done to ensure there is a future and to the long-term benefit of Bournemouth Football Club," he said.

"It may not, in the short term, suit the players, me or anybody else for that matter. But we have to come second to the future of AFC Bournemouth and we all understand that.

"I know whatever moves are taken will be to the benefit of the club and all of the staff and players are 110 per cent behind Jeff and Steve with the difficult decisions they have to make."

Looking ahead to tomorrow's battle, Bond revealed that his players were in "terrific spirits" and "looking forward" to the game.

He said: "It's going to be a difficult game for us - I know that - but what we must do is try and continue the sort of form we've shown. If we can and don't do anything silly, hopefully the results will follow on."

He thinks it is important that his team do not allow Southend to play their own game.

"I think they're a good side if you allow them to be," said Bond.

"They came down last season and have still got the majority of the players that played last year up in the Championship and that's where they'll be looking to head come the end of the season. I know that's where their expectations lie.

"So if you allow them to be, they're a good footballing side. They've got one or two problems with injury, although they've just bought Jason Walker for 200 grand, who'll be a good acquisition for them."

Cherries will be without long-term absentees Darren Anderton, Neil Moss and Ryan Garry against Steve Tilson's mid-table side.

But there was positive news on former Arsenal trainee Garry's injury recovery, as he is expected to return to training next week.

7:00am today

Or newbie whatsisface to score a brace as we crush them like maltesers between the sausage like fingers of Brian Blessed....

Nah, 89th minute winner in a 1-0 defeat, after we've controlled the game and missed a penalty :cry:

I still haven't forgiven Bournemuff for injuring Sodje at the back end of our L1 promotion season and then exploiting the gap that he left to score an undeserved equaliser. Bloody thugs! :p

I still haven't forgiven Bournemuff for injuring Sodje at the back end of our L1 promotion season and then exploiting the gap that he left to score an undeserved equaliser. Bloody thugs! :p

Seem to recall it was James Hayter (now with Doncaster) who made that sikening challenge.In my opinion Sodje was never the same player again. As we hav'nt won away for the last 5 games a win tomorrow or next tuesday at the monkey hangers is vital.

Did I read that right.....darren Anderton, long term injuries....surely not...

Back