• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bodybuilding protein drinks.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Does anyone else think these take a lot of the pleasure out of eating protein?

Why don't they do them in meat flavours such as steak, chicken, bacon etc. instead of chocolate, strawberry and banana?

Are there any drinks that taste like meat?

Protein shakes are just a quick way of getting protein into the body, so I've never thought about the taste. Usually have a proper meal after one with either chicken or turkey.

They taste like ****. Would love one to taste like a full English

Has anyone tried the protein chocolate bars? Honestly the hardest thing I've ever had to eat. Takes about 20 chews to swallow a bite and you feel full-up after about half.

Didn't Panorama prove that these drinks are a complete waste of money for most people? They proved that the only people that really benefit are professional athletes like Jess Ennis, and even then the benefit is tiny. This is just a way for people to feel cool and make these companies huge amounts of money.

Didn't Panorama prove that these drinks are a complete waste of money for most people? They proved that the only people that really benefit are professional athletes like Jess Ennis, and even then the benefit is tiny. This is just a way for people to feel cool and make these companies huge amounts of money.

Those drinks are a for waste for anyone, if you want more protein just have whey mixed with water. Or like Ron Swanson eat Turf n' Turf.

Agreed. Supplements in general don't make that much difference to professional athletes, let alone us mortals.

I'd rather mix whey protein and water as it will be a lot cheaper.

Aren't these things the staple diet of the kind of tattooed ***wit that starts leaving the house in a vest once the temperature outside hits 5 degrees celsius?

Aren't these things the staple diet of the kind of tattooed ***wit that starts leaving the house in a vest once the temperature outside hits 5 degrees celsius?

Yes.

I wear those multicoloured baggy bodybuilder trousers as well.

Your just jealous :winking:

There was a program about sports drinks (lucozade etc.), that might be what you're thinking of.

There was a program about sports drinks (lucozade etc.), that might be what you're thinking of.

Nope. They looked at supplements, sports drinks (rubbished those aswell) and running shoes.

During the programme the professor at Harvard who did most of the research into running styles and shoes which spawned the industry said he had changed his mind! The only thing you need on your feet is a pair that you find comfortable, or nothing at all, i.e. run bare foot. It doesn't matter if you over-pronate like I do, all you have to do is change your running style and the shoes won't matter. That was news to me, especially as I'd just spent £140 quid on a pair!

Nope. They looked at supplements, sports drinks (rubbished those aswell) and running shoes.

During the programme the professor at Harvard who did most of the research into running styles and shoes which spawned the industry said he had changed his mind! The only thing you need on your feet is a pair that you find comfortable, or nothing at all, i.e. run bare foot. It doesn't matter if you over-pronate like I do, all you have to do is change your running style and the shoes won't matter. That was news to me, especially as I'd just spent £140 quid on a pair!

Ah yes you're right I remember now.

If people use them to bulk up, why not try Guiness? Seems to work for me.

Some cans of Bitter a day and I get all the fermenting malted barley other grains and yeast I need.

Only trouble I have is with the labeling, a six pack only helped me develop a one pack. :winking:

Back